NSV - B L E W I T A W A Y!!!

Options
trigger2354
trigger2354 Posts: 25 Member
I know most here are driven to loose weight mostly for aesthetic/emotional reasons. My motivation is more for competitive purposes. I get a deep sense of accomplishment and satisfaction by setting new personal bests in the weight room, or on my bike, or on my x-country skis. An hour ago, I completely demolished (by almost 2 full minutes) my old personal best on a 10.5 mile ride I've been making for the last six years!!!

I'm freakin' giddy right now.

A little over a year ago I decided the only way I was going to beat my old personal best was to loose weight so I started using MFP to hold myself accountable. In that time I've dropped 16 pounds of mostly fat, and today, it all paid off big. I got out of bed this morning and just felt like today was the day. And the really great news for me is that I'm just a few months shy of my 60th b'day. It's really, really cool to be setting new personal bests as I'm getting older.

Just wanted to celebrate a bit. Thanks for listening.

Replies

• ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Congrats... it's definitely harder as you get older (says one nine years younger than you :) )!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!