Pre-fast/post-fast

Options
For religious reasons, I fast two consecutive meals, once a month.

Now I know it's not enough to kill a metabolism, but what would be a good pre-fast or post-fast meal?

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Replies

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Depending on your caloric intake / macros, and if you're a hippy (keto-dieter) or not....

I would say a huge fatty steak
    one sweet potato with a Snickers melted on the inside, or peanut butter.

Like I said, this is all dependent on your caloric intake. So per example, if you fast lunch and breakfast, then that leaves you with dinner... which most people eat anywhere from 6-9pm, and follow suit with sleep around 11 or 12 for work the next day. So, your window to get in your daily calories is small, hence the high caloric meal.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options

Now I know it's not enough to kill a metabolism, but what would be a good pre-fast or post-fast meal?

Any suggestions? Thanks!

People fast several hours per day for several weeks for religious reasons, or more than day per week every week, or fast for several hours per day because of personal preference. It does not affect metabolism in any way. You are overthinking this.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »

Any suggestions? Thanks!

People fast several hours per day for several weeks for religious reasons, or more than day per week every week, or fast for several hours per day because of personal preference. It does not affect metabolism in any way. You are overthinking this.

....Did you even read what was being asked?
  • FitnessasmyWitness
    FitnessasmyWitness Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Depending on your caloric intake / macros, and if you're a hippy (keto-dieter) or not....

I would say a huge fatty steak
    one sweet potato with a Snickers melted on the inside, or peanut butter.

Like I said, this is all dependent on your caloric intake. So per example, if you fast lunch and breakfast, then that leaves you with dinner... which most people eat anywhere from 6-9pm, and follow suit with sleep around 11 or 12 for work the next day. So, your window to get in your daily calories is small, hence the high caloric meal.

I'll take it as a fantastic sign my taste buds are changing because all that fat/calories packed into one meal sounds pretty... unappetizing. Point taken though. I added extra calories to breakfast and lunch to hit my reccommended value. I'm about 200 under (since I exercised) but I'm not worried about that. Hit protein macro, which is what I'm mainly focusing on. I've also downed about 2-3 liters of water so far so I should be good. I'll be fasting dinner tonight and breakfast tomorrow.
    I think doing two consecutive meals, but on different days may help me to hit the amount for each day.