New & looking for friends!

Options
hi.. :) im new to mfp and looking for friends... ive finally decided to commit to losing these last 15-20 lbs. Im 30 and have never truly been dedicated to toning my body up. While losing the weight I want to tone.. I want that flat & strong stomach.. toned arms & legs and truly am detemined to do it. I know I can. I need help though... I can't do it alone... I've bounced up and down these 10 lbls my whole life and I'm so sick of it. I want to be happier in my body and get to a point where I LOVE my body.... instead of having negative thoughts about my image. I'm a single mom and instead of dating like I have these last few years.. I want to focus on ME and my happiness. My health is so important and I was sick last year.. emotional eating took place too along with yo-yo dieting. However, what I went though made me appreciate so much and realize I need to take care of myself -for me and for my son. I want to be able to play sports with him and my dream is to play beach vollyball and surf - but my body stops me because I'm not happy with it. I'm changing that. I want a better life, a happier and healthier one.

Replies

• ebony_mills
    ebony_mills Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good on you! You can do it:) Add me if you want :)
  • lwalrob
    lwalrob Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Me too...power in numbers.
  • TraciRazz
    TraciRazz Posts: 12
    Options
    I have been doing this for a few weeks and doing pretty well. I totally understand what you say about wanting to do things and be happy and love the body you are doing them in! I also relate to the yo-yo pounds. The support and logging really helps, and keeps me accountable. Feel free to add me! :happy:
  • Kiss_Her_Act
    Options
    You can add this one here :)