Eating Out - how I cope!

Options
jac12014
jac12014 Posts: 2 Member
edited June 2015 in Motivation and Support
I lost 1kg last week even though I ate out 5 times with friends and business associates (no pressure there then. Much). How?
1. Choose either: a) no starter b) smallest possible choice and definitely not ribs or nachos, or c) fruit eg: melon slices (50 calories)
2. For the mains do not have chips - take a salad instead with no blue cheese dressing, or just a couple of new potatoes
3. Do not take a desert but, if under pressure (ie: business courtesy) take a small brandy over ice (69 calories - always a good number) or amaretto/disaronno or Tia Maria (but the latter have 80-100 calories. Not such a good number) Do not take ice cream or pecan pie
4. And remember to pretend you really don't want the bread - no matter how crusty and delicious it looks
5. Take the car so you can't drink or take just 2 glasses dry white wine or 2 vodka slimline tonics or stick to sparkling water because of "temporary medication"
The above works - but remember portion sizes! Nobody likes to leave food on the plate - particularly when in company who are paying - so make sure you tell the waiter you want just a small portion for each course. If you're still hungry after the final coffee, neck the water.