Am I doing too much?

Options
I started in March, running 3 times a week, 2 5km and 1 10km on a friday.

Then I got injured during easter, bought new shoes with fancy insoles and my shin strated with horrible pain, anyway a month later and it seems to have healed, though for the first km it feels like it could come back.

On monday i only ran 2.4km just to see how fast i would be, then i did weight training and swimming on tuesday, then ran again today, i planned on 5km but only managed 2.4km again, I'm just so tired.

Is it too much? Will my body adjust if i just push through it? I need to lose this weight but if i have a day of training i usually end up taking the rest of the week off.

Replies

• HenrichNguyen
    HenrichNguyen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi brother, I think you should take a rest from running.. But train hard, do a different cardio and more importantly stick to the right nutrition, make sure you are in a calorie deficit every day, throw in a cheat day every 2nd week.. Don't forget the cheat day, it is very important to let your body know you are not starving.. Don't forget to have enough sleep and you will be fine :) good luck with your weight loss and stay strong!!
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I think you've answered your own question. If you are that tired that you are skipping planned sessions then yes, it's too much. I would think it's normal when you've had a break, especially for an injury, that you are going to have to take a few steps back and get some of your stamina back.

I have just had a week off from lifting and have had to drop the weight. It will only take me a few weeks to get back to where I was. Reduced sessions (whether it's weight, intensity or duration) is better than burning out and not training at all.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    On monday i only ran 2.4km just to see how fast i would be, then i did weight training and swimming on tuesday, then ran again today, i planned on 5km but only managed 2.4km again, I'm just so tired.

Too much, too soon, too fast.....the fact that you injured yourself should have tipped you off. Slow & steady is that way to build endurance / cardio fitness.