Who wants to share their open food diary?

Options

Replies

• SoUl_ReBeL2021
    SoUl_ReBeL2021 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Another thing you might want to try is having your vitamin D level checked to see if you are deficient, that can also really put a big damper on weight loss. I was deficient in vitamin D and take vitamin D3 daily now and I have managed to lose around 10 pounds.
  • blue_eyes1978
    blue_eyes1978 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    O.K so I changed my setting to lose 1 pound per week and my activity is still at sedentary so this is what my new goal looks like.

f6vhoy8torem.png
    MFP.PNG 27.5K
  • blue_eyes1978
    Options
    How does that look still too low!? I know when I log it will show me more calories to eat back so I' just trying to get my plan straight so I can stick right to it. :) Kiddos have base ball I wont be back on until later. Thanks everyone I appreciate everything!
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    That looks good to me! And a lot less restrictive than 1200, which is a definite bonus :smile: . And exercise calories are definitely nice, though I would advise you to only eat around half because they tend to be overestimated.

Maybe other people will pitch in too - I don’t want you to take my word for it lol.
  • coolfry
    coolfry Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I keep mine open to keep me accountable, even when its bad. I find pre-logging/planning to be my best bet for staying on track.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    looks nice and when you eat back around half your exercise calories it then it looks even nicer lol

Weigh everything...really everything. Don't go by serving sizes or cups and spoons...and you are good to go :)
    Well you can see my diary ;)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. It can be a bit of a hot mess on a day to day basis because I have a weekly not a daily goal, but it could give you some ideas. I'm a pre-logger.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My diary is open. It was pretty consistent last year except perhaps December (I started in mid March at MFP). It was also consistent in January but since then has been more spotty or else I've been eating at maintenance. I've just restarted serious logging and an actual deficit this week, though.

I used to eat back exercise calories but now do TDEE method where I do not.
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1200 currently, but my desk job can be very sedentary during the week. However, I wear my Fitbit so it I move more I earn more, and I DO eat the earned calories for the most part. It does encourage me to move more, but on days that I sit most of the time I eat less. On the weekends when more active I eat a good deal more than 1200 since the Fitbit gives them to me. :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    my diary is open.

Are you using food scale OP?

do you eat back 100% of exercise calories?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP - I checked your diary and over the past week you only logged about four out of seven days????
  • blue_eyes1978
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    OP - I checked your diary and over the past week you only logged about four out of seven days????

Honestly I was getting burned out, I took a few days just to refresh, maintain what I have lost and looking to start a fresh start. With new eating ideas and I needed to get my motivation back. I admitted I got sloppy in the end so I didn't log. I have ate in moderation it kind of felt good. I did enjoy some nice home cooked meals that would have been pretty complicated to calorie count, I needed to take a break before getting back on board. Kwim? I'm ready now :)
  • blue_eyes1978
    Options
    Another thing you might want to try is having your vitamin D level checked to see if you are deficient, that can also really put a big damper on weight loss. I was deficient in vitamin D and take vitamin D3 daily now and I have managed to lose around 10 pounds.

Thanks I was considering making an appointment to see my PC DR and see if she could check some stuff for me. I know my thumb nails are splitting but have been since the birth of my youngest and it has been 3 years now. I'm sure it won't hurt to have her run some tests. :)
    I thought with me eating healthier since January they would have got better I am thinking it might be something else.
  • blue_eyes1978
    Options
    I do have a digital scale I plan to start using it instead of "eyeballing" my fruits or cramming them in to measuring cups. I have a scale so I plan to use it for everything I can. This is a better plan I can keep very good track of everything moving forward. :)
  • blue_eyes1978
    edited June 2015
    Options
    * Double Posted *
  • blue_eyes1978
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    my diary is open.

Are you using food scale OP?

do you eat back 100% of exercise calories?

I tried to quote this in my last message and it didn't , but Yes I do have a digital scale no I haven't been eating back 100% of calories.

My plan will now be to weigh everything I can :) eating back is still to be determined I will try to eat back a little to see how it is working out in the beginning. :)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,867 Member
    Options
    Use applications such as weightgrapher.com (allows manual input of weight), or trendweight or happy scale to input daily weight ins and extract the trendline out of them (or scooby's website has an excel spreadsheet to do the same).

This smooths out salt related/TOM related, and even some exercise related weight fluctuations and helps smooth motivational highs and lows created by scale weights.

My diary is open too. About the only goals I have are to get "at least" 150g of protein, and 25g of fiber. The rest is pretty much random :smiley:

I am setup as Active on MFP. I also usually get a positive adjustment from Fitbit at around 15K steps (or a negative one if i don't get there during my day, like today probably :wink: )
  • ihatetodietalways
    ihatetodietalways Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Where did you get the number for fat calories? Unbelievably low for you.
  • ihatetodietalways
    ihatetodietalways Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Also, maybe you should log more consistently. Checked March, April, random days and found no log.
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    My dairy is open, I am also a very active member, feel free to add me