A NJ Mother of 2 wants to be a 1000 lbs

Options
http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/target-weight-1-000-pounds/6f3xfc6

I saw this video and I was appalled. How can you take care of your children at 1000 lbs? its crazy! I wonder if this could be some mental or eating disorder. I thought I would share.

Replies

• Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    :frown: "she would never want her children to follow in her foot steps"

Urgh...does she not realise that children look up to their parents? This made me feel very uneasy...there is no mention of the way she is damaging her health. In all honesty...after studying mental health for a long time...this type of attitude to food required medical intervention. Anorexic's are sectioned in order to tackle their weight related demons and I see this woman requiring similar intervention. Does she not think of her children? and how they would cope with losing their mother due to a stupid achievement that would put her in the guiness book of records but would receive extreme criticism from every sane person in the world?

This woman needs help...she can hardly move around as it is...her poor heart
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I had seen that before and it made me very sad.

A long time ago there was some kind of funky MTV show about odd stories. I'm guessing this was about 5 or 6 years ago. There was a woman on there who had a similar goal. As shocking as it was that this was her goal, it shocked me even more that her husband didn't think anything was the matter with her decision.
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    that's just plain ingnorant! I feel sad for her (and her family and friends!) All we can do is pray for her...there's no talking sense into folks like that. :huh:
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I've read this story before and it makes me sad for her and her family. I feel like she's taken the whole "if you can't beat em, join em" mentality to a whole new level of psychosis.

When I was much heavier I made fun of myself, joined in with the boys in eating contests, the whole kit and kaboodle. Was it healthy or attractive? Heck no, but if I laughed at myself or poked fun at myself harder and louder than anyone else then no one else dared to. But at the end of the day the joke WAS truly on me cause I was doing horrible things to my health. And that's small beans compared to what this woman is doing to herself. I hope and pray she gets a wake up call
  • volliegrl
    volliegrl Posts: 16
    Options
    I think the children should be pulled from her till, she makes better choices for herself and her children. Not only is she killing herself she's killing her children!
  • dastephlu
    dastephlu Posts: 17
    Options
    I've heard about this before and it's just sad. I believe it is for the worlds heavist woman record? and the husband also supports it?!??? It's sad to do this to your own body just to make it in the books. :frown:
  • melnedder
    melnedder Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    One of the things that irks me the most about this story, aside from the obvious, is that she's not just hurting herself and her children. When she gets catastrophically ill, and believe me, she is very likely to do so, and ends up in the hospital, guess who has to move her in a bed, in a wheelchair, to a chair - NURSES. It's recommended that no one staff member lift/move more than 50-55lbs!! That means it ideally AND safely should take almost 20 nurses/staff people to move this woman at her "goal weight." No hospital has that kind of staffing - anywhere!!! I jeopardize my back, my health and my future income every time I turn or lift someone this large - and these people have not done it on purpose!! Ok, off my soapbox now...