Scared and obese..

Options
I'm really scared for my health. I am binge eating as I am stressed out and use eating as a comfort tool. I then feel guilty and start to self harm by ripping off my toe nails as a coping thing.
I log everything I eat but the pounds are going on.. I don't know where to start..

Replies

• justdo17
    justdo17 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Like you said you feel guilty when eating bad... so dont!! Start by finding something that gets you away from food like the outdoors! Calculate how many calories you need to take in to lose weight!!!!!
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    If you're getting to the point of self-harm, please please please seek medical help. This is no longer an issue of the body, but of the mind. Once you're mentally healthy, you'll find being physically healthier much easier :) Don't be afraid to talk to a professional, you need the help and there is no shame seeking it.
  • Auntiezozo81
    Auntiezozo81 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thank you x
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is straight forward, but your priority as stated must be to go and get some medical help due to the self harming. Sort that out and then it will be much easier for you to approach weight loss with the right frame of mind and this will make it easier as well as more successful. Take care.
  • Auntiezozo81
    Auntiezozo81 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thank you x