Exercise Skin - Tips and Tricks

Options
Now that I've started working out again, my skin is breaking out. I wash my face every night and apply moisturizer, but I see that now I will need a new regime. I always break out when I start working out again.

What do you guys do to fix the acne that comes from exercise?

Replies

• dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    It's probably not exercise itself, it may be you're sweating more and that's clogging pores. If that's the case, are you washing with cleanser right after your exercise? That might help.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    dubird wrote: »
    It's probably not exercise itself, it may be you're sweating more and that's clogging pores. If that's the case, are you washing with cleanser right after your exercise? That might help.

No, I usually wait until right before I go to bed. I'll try that! Perhaps I should cleanse my face when I hop in the shower after a workout.

• dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    half_moon wrote: »
    dubird wrote: »

No, I usually wait until right before I go to bed. I'll try that! Perhaps I should cleanse my face when I hop in the shower after a workout.

Yeah, I'd try that for a few weeks and see if it helps. I've honestly never heard of exercise actually causing acne, I'm not sure how that would work. Extra sweat is the only connection I can make!
  • try4better128
    try4better128 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've heard of it! But other than washing and going to a dermatologist, I have no idea how to fix it.