How often do you drink alcohol?

Options

Replies

• CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I usually only drink alcohol on Saturday nights with friends. I'm not sure how many though because, come Sunday, I can't remember. :)
  • granitendirt
    Options
    Used to drink a lot, then I switched to weed. Calorie free!

So, before you report me I'm totally kidding :) (It is legal some places now... but that's beside the point)

Yeah, the social drinking can be a real bear to deal with. I've cut out most of my random weeknight beers and save it for parties or special-er occasions.

A big part of it for me was just being AWARE of how many calories are in beer. My favorite IPA is something like 300 per pint. It's motivation to have just one - the tastiest one I can find! - and leave it at that. Plus, if you don't drink as often it's pretty easy to get a buzz off one or two beers.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I don't drink at all (but not due to weight loss, just personal choice). I have no problem hanging out with my friends while they drink.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I'll have a beer 2 or 3 times a week. Though now that it's summer that tends to increase and include whiskey
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    IF I have alcohol... it's once every 2 weeks... sometimes month. I have a 'cheat' day every week where I go over my macros, and I usually have wine :) I mean a bottle ... or more :laugh:
  • fuzzball01
    fuzzball01 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Sorry, don't drink anymore, Not allowed. But when I did quit drinking I did lose weight. I used to have a few everyday.
  • ohexploitable
    Options
    Before I started working out I used to take recreational drugs daily (just about everything really - weed, benzos, opiates psychadelics, stimulants). Since then I only take drugs on weekends but I've found myself substituting them with almost daily consumption of alcohol :/
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I used to have 1-2 glasses of wine a night but have cut back to no more than 2 days per week. I can't seem to fit it into my calories every day and I usually eat more when I drink.
  • DCruz83
    DCruz83 Posts: 99
    Options
    Honestly, I hardly ever drink, special occasions or the random night out but that could be like once every few months at most. I'll drink my fair share on that one night, true, but it's not something I do often anyway so I doubt any of the weight I've put over time is due to drinking. At any rate, if you wanna let yourself go once in a while I don't think it's a big deal as long as you keep up the hard work the rest of the time, just make sure you don't come to think of it as acceptable to do it often as long as you work it off, otherwise you're not making much progress, at best you might just stay at the point where you are.
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Maybe once or twice a year I will have multiple drinks in one night. I have never been a big drinker. Other than that I might have one drink every 2 months.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I got a new job where I work nights every weekend, so I'm the one serving the booze, not the one drinking it. I knew I needed to cut back when I was constantly having stomach problems from a couple nights a week of heavy drinking. I've been feeling great, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep it up. I'm moving to DC in the fall where there is a big party scene and my few friends are bartenders. Just got to work on making friends in the right crowd.
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    As much as possible.
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    You know, if weed was legal I would not have this issue...I would have way less health issues.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I have a glass of wine once or twice a week, and if we happen to go out to dinner, I may have ONE cocktail. Rarely drink beer, I just don't like it much...although there are some hard ciders I like and drink very cold in the summer.
  • vecchioni23
    vecchioni23 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I drink every once in a while and I dont feel guilty about it. Just make sure it fits within your calories!
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have probably had alcohol 6-7 times this year
  • cheangela1
    cheangela1 Posts: 12
    Options
    I love white wine spritzers, they don't really hit the calorie count if you go with soda water and not soda pop and tell the bartender to go easy on the wine. Plus, when you're out you can always just have it refilled with sparkling water and not get all of the "why aren't you drinking?" questions that usually come with early-20's mates. Live it up sweetie, you're only 19 once and one night of responsible drinking isn't going to kill all of your hard work.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I've had about 1.5 bottles of wine and 20 oz of beer in the last 3 months. Not alcohol-averse, but I nearly always find I'd rather eat something than drink alcohol. But if I get to the end of the day and find I have 150 or so carb calories to burn, maybe I'll have a glass of wine.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    It depends on how annoying my colleagues are being.
  • BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I always drink on the weekends, I stick to vodka & lemon water to avoid going over in calories and carbs & all that that.