Exhausted and not losing weight... frustrated...

Options
2»

Replies

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    this kind of exhaustion in athletic women can often be nutrition. Iron deficiency. Take a good look at your consumption of iron rich foods. lots of women athletes struggle with this.

Yes, this is worth checking. Vitamin D may play a role as well. I am 5'3 with a very small frame and can eat 1360 and lose. There's some sort of data that you are missing here.

+1

If you are logging accurately, exercising as much as you say and not losing then something is medically wrong. That's the scenario where you start checking for deficiencies, thyroid function, malabsorption, etc.
  • AmazonAmberK
    AmazonAmberK Posts: 7 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I did some more googling and there was a factor I did not think about - Hormones. And not just the natural balance that women go through. But the ability to throw ones hormones off by things we do day to day. Like via our diet and apparently a shock of jumping into intense cardio.

Helpful info on "damaging" your hormones through diet and excersize, effects, and how to help fix it
    For me - What I think happened was that I let go of my clean eating habits with the excuse of my fatigue and slightly higher calorie allotments on top of the work out intensity jump.

My current symptoms - Fatigue, mood swings, foggy brain, and no weight loss despite sticking to my calorie allotment. I actually gained a couple pounds this week. - And I am just after my cycle which means, hormonaly I should be balanced. Every symptom says otherwise.

When I started my weight loss journey - I was dairy free, gluten free, almost all non processed foods, and my only refined sugar was 4 dark chocolate Hershey nuggets after dinner. And I had a double shot latte in the morning for caffeine.

More Recent - Quad shot cafe latte (compensate for fatigue), more often than not I had a single serve ice cream after dinner, goat cheese on my salad, dairy based salad dressings. - Processed foods, commercial dairy that has chemicals and hormones...

This was all still within my calorie allotment but as it turns out my intense cardio on the tread climber, plus my straying from a clean diet, quite possibly has thrown my hormones off, there by stunting my weight loss. Per the articles I linked above.

My change, which I am going to monitor for the next 30 days...
    • No dairy
    • Caffeine from herb tea only - No coffee or other supplements
    • Cut back on processed sugar - Back to my 4 nuggets (For now, but those might go)
    • Cardio -
      • Week 1 - 2 : Walking on the ground only
      • Week 3 - 4 : Replace walking 2 days a week with only 15 minutes of tread climber
    • Cut back on processed foods all together - Just my gluten free bread.

I will set a note to update this chain with the results. I am also setting an appointment to meet with my gyno to get my hormones tested. Here's hoping! I just want to feel better and get back to making progress!