Help Please!!!

Options
karafornia
karafornia Posts: 10 Member
edited June 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
HI I'm Kara. Been using MFP for a little over 2 months now. I'm struggling so please take a look and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Height 5'4"
Weight 177
Age 26
Cal Goal 1300 (+330 breastfeeding 5m old)
Start weight 195
Goal weight 145

I hike/walk every other day, 3 to 6 miles. Tracking my steps with FitBit. I don't weight my food often, but I do weight as much as I can. I have a Diet Coke addiction that I've been trying to get a grip on. I log everything as accurately as I can, and I also log all drinks that are not 0 cal drinks.

Please add me and take a gander at my diary, it is open to friends. Also I've been thinking of low/no carb to kick myself into a burn, but I wont be able to take my walk let alone hikes. Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Replies

• futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    You don't need to go low carb (you might like low carb, you might not, but it is not necessary).

If you lost those 18 lbs in the last two months, you are doing fantastic and don't need to change anything... even if you haven't seen a change recently, you will. Weight loss isn't linear... sometimes we lose in chunks. Typically you'd not expect to see more than 2 lbs a week at absolute MOST.

Your diet coke addiction won't hurt your weight loss, so if you're already nursing a baby and trying to lose weight, you could probably shelve your ambition to kick the habit for now. (Trying to do too much at once can lead to going off plan more often or giving up. It's all stressful and hard, and we only take so much.) (Though I have no idea about diet coke and breastfeeding? So follow your doctor/your instincts for your baby on that, not me.)

I would say just be patient and keep at it and see if anything changes in the next couple of weeks. Your body is probably still adjusting, your sleep probably isn't great, your stress is probably high, you may be eating at weird times, and so on, so you may see jumps and stalls in weight.

If you really want to make changes, try to weigh your food more often, or get someone to help you with it if possible. Increasing accuracy would be your best bet if a change needs to be made at this point.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    What exactly is wrong?

You lost 18 lbs in 2 months.
    If you average that out it's right around 2lbs per week.

You won't lose weight every week. Some weeks the scale will show a gain. Some weeks you will lose a bunch all at once and other weeks nothing will change. As long as it averages out to 1-2lbs a week then you are doing fantastic.
  • karafornia
    karafornia Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I see, so chill for now watch my progress and keep up the good fight. Will do guys. I'll make a big attempt to weight my food more. Thanks for the confidence boost guys, I just get so nervous that I'm not going to lose anymore...
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    If you made your weight loss any fast it would likely be unhealthy.