Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

heart rate help

Im 41 and training for 10km. Im up to 8km in 65min. Im starting to get light headed when I jog/run. I wear a heart monitor and it gets up around 179. This morning it hit 180. I did try to slow down but didnt want to stop as I want my times to get better and be able to go further. Is there anything that will stop me from getting light headed?? Is my heart rate to high??

Replies

• froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    180 sounds a bit high - and that's coming from someone who has hit the 220ies on occasion... i slow down when my HR hits 175ish - average HR for a run is usually 155-160. what is too much for you all depends on your maximum heart rate (and i just decided yesterday to find a test to determine mine).

your speed will probably improve more if you do fartleks, hill or interval training once a week, and keep your longer runs at a conversational pace.