Sexy before and after - pics included

Options
waskier
waskier Posts: 254 Member
Gotcha to look!

A recent post from one of my MFP friends prompted me to post this. She suffered from some issues that caused her to gain weight and used MFP to help her return to a healthy state. She continues to use the site to maintain her health and is extremely helpful to others whenever and wherever needed. She recently received a message from someone who was offended. Not by her content, but by her avi picture. And not because she was nude or in underwear, but because she was so incredibly fit!

Now I have used this site for almost 2 years straight. During the first 6 months it was to lose almost 60 lbs. Today I use the site to maintain my healthy lifestyle and to help me reach other goals. During my weight loss journey I read a report that stated that people who lose weight and keep it off for extended periods of time most commonly track their food intake continually. Those that fail to maintain lower weight typically do not. I will not get into arguing fact or fiction, but I do remember my accounting professor telling me you get what you measure. Good enough for me.

The other thing I believe is that losing weight cannot be our only goal. If it is, what do you do when you reach your goal? Too many opportunities for failure if you just stop. So I started shooting for other goals when I began to approach my initial weight loss target. I set a lofty one, my first half marathon. Then a marathon. Then a triathlon. Now, I plan on completing my first Ironman 70.3 next month. MFP has helped me achieve things I never would have thought possible. It is not just a place to come to when you are fat, lose weight and go away. It is a tool that can help us achieve so much more. And it is a place in which we should all be welcome because we are all a work in progress regardless of our appearances....

So, here are my sexiest before and after pics. I've shown you mine, now it's your turn!!!!

June 2012

F86ECFE3-84BE-497C-A8F6-9ADD124B97EC-9915-0000057790D0881A.jpg

December 2013

1F66442D-A4F1-4D50-AA06-E93900A7CBE0-9915-0000057775D3081F.jpg

June 2013

6A26C6E0-4224-48C9-8C02-E266ADC22666-9915-000005776D3C2A39.jpg

Replies

• jwill113
    jwill113 Posts: 3
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I look at your posts and see nothing but inspiration..I'd love to achieve half the things you have!!

And when i first hit my goal, i stopped logging and guess what happened? Yep...I gained just like that!!

A goal weight should be a part of the journey..I am thinking of the next thing to strive towards...most likely a fall marathon :-)
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's all I have to say...
  • shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Impressive!!
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I really like your point about needing another goal when we have achieved one. It's what keeps us moving forward. Congratulations on your achievements! :drinker:
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    VERY misleading title.

Still . . job well done!
  • Bearbrat
    Bearbrat Posts: 230
    Options
    You made me smile, love your pictures :smile:
  • waskier
    Options
    I look at your posts and see nothing but inspiration..I'd love to achieve half the things you have!!

And when i first hit my goal, i stopped logging and guess what happened? Yep...I gained just like that!!

A goal weight should be a part of the journey..I am thinking of the next thing to strive towards...most likely a fall marathon :-)

You rock, my friend! I'll trade accomplishments back and forth with you any day!
  • waskier
    Options
    VERY misleading title.

Still . . job well done!

Aaaaaahhhhh. It's not how I wrote it, it's how you READ it!!! :wink:
  • kj5850
    kj5850 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great post! Congrats! I have now lost 67 pounds, 60 was my original goal. I am trying to maintain the healthy lifestyle I have developed and I am sidelined now with a back injury now and continue to lose weight. I was on track to run a half, and a tri this summer. I am frustrated and you have helped me keep the big picture in focus. Thanks!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I love this post. :flowerforyou:

People often wonder why others use this site when they have reached their goal weight. It's not all about weight as you say, it is often about other goals, whether it be body composition or fitness or other related goals. Or simply, just to maintain their weight, which can be harder than losing it. This site helps people with that as well, as well as gaining weight for some. Not everyone's goal is weight loss, or is not only weight loss.

This site is great for tracking food, but it is also great for people discovering other activities they love. Some people get the bug to do marathons, some to do tough mudders, others lifting weights etc. While I used to do some lifting before I got ill, I only discovered my love for power lifting as a direct result of this site and the people on it. I started during the time I was losing weight and have continued on after I hit goal, and am now looking to possibly enter my first competition in the near future. It is incredibly fulfilling to me, especially as someone who does not do any other sports.

I am proud of achieving my weigh loss goals. However, hitting goal weight is not the end of the story. I am looking to continue to continue gaining more knowledge regarding nutrition, to continue to work on body composition and to now compete in powerlifing competitions - not a bad thing for a 45 year old desk jockey - and this site is a great place to encourage and help motivate that.

My sexiest pictures, if I had them of it, would be me doing PRs of my lifts. I think I need to get some stills of my videos...

Thank you for this post :flowerforyou:
  • mq68
    mq68 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    awesome goals! WTG!
  • georgiancreative
    georgiancreative Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great point well made and definitely there is more to aim for after UGW, so true. Thank u.
  • VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Love your Strength!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    This is a great post. I really love what you wrote regarding the importance of having other goals beyond weight loss. That's been really important to me, and I find having performance related goals to be much healthier and more motivating than whatever number the scale spits out on a given day.

You've done fantastically well--congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC post. You rock!

(One small nit to pick: you need to change the date on the middle pic from December 2013 to December 2012.)
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Where's the "Like" button? :D
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    To add to my post.

Doing marathons are amazing to me - doing a triathlon is mind boggling,..planning on doing an IronMan...well, that;s just plain crazy and extremely badass. Good luck with it.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Hhaha! Silly Rabbit tricks are for Kids.

Nice Bling ya got there.
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    LOVE the enthusiasm!!!! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!