Protein powder help!

Options
I am new to the protein shake craze. I purchased the Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey in vanilla and I HATE the taste. I am nearly through half of my protein shake before I can really begin to take the powder and I just can't tolerate it. Any suggestions on a more tasteful brand or flavor?

Replies

• Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Well, I'm not following a "craze," but right now I do need a lot of protein. I like Nature's Best Isopure Whey Protein in Creamy Vanilla.
  • tedm1969
    tedm1969 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    IMO it is too sweet and the ingredients are not the best. You should also be aware that every scoop of the BF has about 3.5 grams of creatine which you may or may not want. It'll make you retain water. Try some other brands, I like Optimum Nutrition vanilla.
  • Gibbyno1
    Gibbyno1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Muscle Milk chocolate flavor is pretty darn tasty.
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    If you go with Muscle Milk, go with their Pro Series 50 as it's their newest formula and much better than their older Muscle Milk formula. I personally like Pure Protein or Optimum Nutrition - both Vanilla Ice Cream flavor.
  • Astriaren
    Astriaren Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How much protein are you looking to gain in your shakes? If you are looking for about 20g, balanced with carbs, vitamins and nutrients, then I would highly recommend the Arbonne vanilla (or chocolate my favourite).
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey is the BOMB! High protein, low fat, low carbs, 19 gorgeous flavors.. i love Vanilla Icecream, Caramel Frappe, Rocky Road & Caramel Fudge, but Banana is nice too, and the milk chocolate is nice (or double choc if you prefer darker more bitter chocolate tases). Not so keen on Cookies & Cream, but thats the only one ive tried that i dont love.
  • ljones27uk
    ljones27uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i use maximuscle cyclone, strawberry, banana or chocolate, nice with water or milk..
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Stick with bigger names.

Quest Protein is good, Cellucor, Dymatize, And Optimum Nutrition.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you are wanting to drink your calories/protein?

I imagine getting your protein from wholefoods is a much more tasty and satisfying way of going about it.

If you need to supplement your protein intake there are a wide variety of brands and flavours on the market. I personally use Myprotein, GoNutrition and TheProteinWorks.