Do like eating jars of baby food?

Options

Replies

• Hoshiko76
    Hoshiko76 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    First soup, now baby food, what the hell is next?

I tried the cat food diet a while back. I lost some weight but had an irresistible urge to lick my privates. It was embarrassing.

My dad told me that people in his country ate dog food during the war .

• Hoshiko76
    Hoshiko76 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    First soup, now baby food, what the hell is next?

I tried the cat food diet a while back. I lost some weight but had an irresistible urge to lick my privates. It was embarrassing.

l just found this video on YouTube of a lady eating dod food
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pksmctGQzzI
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I never fed jars to my kids, so why would I ever eat these things when there is real food available?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I buy 20 cans of giant canned pumpkin a week for my dog (he loves it and helps keep him regular). I eat about a cup a day sometimes. It is really good. I like to add it to yogurt or oatmeal.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    when i was pregnant i used to eat jars of tutti frutti. I'm not sure why, but it was pretty damn good at the time :D
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    when i was pregnant i used to eat jars of tutti frutti. I'm not sure why, but it was pretty damn good at the time :D

Tutti Fruitti was awesome, as well as Hawaiian (apple/pear mix). Baby food desserts were alright. Not that I went out and bought them just for myself.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    No. No. Noooooo.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Eww. Just no.

And I've tasted various jars of baby food (as part of a Baby Shower game, not for dietary purposes). It's vile.
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I dunno, the squeezy pouches of fruit puree are pretty nice, some of them anyway. I've been known to grab a 4 pack of those and split them with my 4 year old.
    Would I eat any other types? Maybe, I've not tried a roast dinner in a jar to be honest, but it isn't high on my list of things to experience. We didn't buy that sort of thing for our daughter at all, she just had a smaller portion of our meals, and it's damned expensive anyway.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I used to like the bananas and plums when I was a kid. I can't remember why. Probably a left over from tasting them when my sister or cousin was little? Anyway, when I was pregnant, I craved them.

I buy canned pumpkin all the time and eat it almost every day.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school, I used to like the peaches and plums, they were kind of like applesauce but with a different flavor. They were good to keep in my locker for a snack when activities ran late.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I used to have a housemate who did the baby food diet. She was supposed to eat ONE jar of baby food at each meal, and nothing else. Unsurprisingly she only stuck to it for a day and a half before getting bored and hungry and moving on to solid, grown-up foods.
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Expensive, bland, and not that nutritionally varied. Jars of baby food are to help babies get used to flavours and textures of solid food and learn to eat it, but babies of that age are still getting the bulk of their nutrition from milk. Even the meaty baby food flavours are mostly pureed veg and fruit. So aside from the general ridiculousness of it, it wouldn't be good for your health even if you could eat enough to meet your calorie needs. Perhaps people should supplement with breast milk or SMA too.

My baby eats what I eat, so I guess I am technically on a baby food diet.

(But if I HAD to live on baby food for a while, Ella's kitchen makes some that actually takes like food. That's what my son gets if I'm having something he can't share, like take out curry)
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    No, just no
  • Lukyanenko
    Lukyanenko Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Baby food is really bland. If you can add some spices then...eh...why would you want to?
  • Lukyanenko
    Lukyanenko Posts: 65 Member
    Options
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I had a friend in high school who used to eat baby food for meals and snacks. I tried a couple but never seemed that good to me..lol. She was pretty rail thin, though.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Baby food comes up in a lot of soft foods diet lists. I toyed with the idea but couldn't bring myself to do it.

Plus I never lasted long any time I had to do it.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    Amelia, how lucky to find a thread on baby food to spam your product in!!! B)

I don't get this eww factor about it, its just soft bland food.

Expensive way to get soft bland food though , especially in amounts for adult portions.