Replies

• MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Lol! Jillian will kick yo *kitten*! Never underestimate her :noway:
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    IMO jillian michaels is a scam lots of her workouts are freely aviailble so why pay for her system IMO she has no understanding most of the stuff she preaches has been proved wrong be research none of her work has been scientic proven to work it is sad in her show forgot the name the contenstants dont drink water so they loose more water they even admited the show promoted a unhealthy attitude towards food.

you haven't read her books then in one she clearly says " if it didn't have a mother and wasn't grown from the ground don't eat it" she wants you to eat organic grass fed what ever meats. so you might want to look closer at what you say and get some real proof because i have seen nothing but great result from people finishing her work out

^^This for sure! Great results and never looked back!
  • lcbowz
    lcbowz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You're absolutely right! But it will get easier. I did that a couple of years ago, moved to level 3 and then the boost your metabolism dvd...it got easier. Keep up the good work! I'm just starting back after not exercising so I'm right there with you now...For now, I'm just getting into the fitness groove by walking. Baby steps. :-)
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Yep, pretty much!

jillian.gif

Bahaha! I love this.
  • fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I love her.
  • lcbowz
    lcbowz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Very important point on the knees. I feel that, too when I do her DVDs if I'm not careful to properly squat.
  • leannraya
    leannraya Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your support! :-*
  • Lishia1283
    Lishia1283 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm on week of JMBR and she is the devil lol. There are exercises in there as you progress where you're like, you're lucky you get one jumping jack let alone several! But I do love me some Jillian. She's great because she does motivate you to keep going. I have most of her DVDs and after I'm finished doing JMBR, I will do her No More Trouble Zones and Boost Metabolism DVDs. But trust me, it will get easier in due time. If you can't finish at the rate of speed and/or intensity she's going in, just do the modified version. You're still going at a rapid pace so as long as your heart is pumping hard, you'll get results. Just keep with it :-)
  • frizbeemom
    frizbeemom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I hate Jillian and I Jillian. I hate her while I'm working out, because she gives you a good intense workout, but I love her after I'm done and when I'm doing my measurements, see that I'm losing inches and fitting into smaller clothes. :) She's effective. Keep on trying. Each time you get a bit stronger.

Alright, I'm off to do some Jillian! I am in phase 3 of Body Revolution.
  • thevegankelly
    thevegankelly Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i only got 16 minutes into Jillian Michael's body revolution cardio level 1. I feel like I failed..I purposely didn't join a gym because I had 1000 workout dvds that I never opened.. last night I did the Weight Watcher's kickboxing DVD on intermediate and I made it through the whole thing.. Jillian Michaels is the devil!

Oh sweetie, pop in cardio 3 and give it a quick skim. Then you'll learn to appreciate how easy you have it in cardio 1. ;)
    By the end of each month while doing BR I was amazed at how much I'd progressed. The cardio workouts all seem so hard on the first week of the month, but by the end you'll be killing it.
  • FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Done the 30 day shred once right through.... then moved onto ripped in 30....week 3 and 4 were just weird so I didnt stick to them consistently. I went back and did 30ds level 2 today and o...m...g was still hard...but I managed to do all the advanced moves so I guess that is improvement!

She sucks, but she gets results.
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You didn't fail! The only thing that matters is that you did better than yesterday during the next workout :) Progress, not perfection.
  • strongmindstrongbody
    strongmindstrongbody Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 10 of 30 Day Shred. I freakin hate jumping jacks! BUT i lost 2 inches from my chest, 1 from hip, 1 from waist and 2 from arms already! Cant wait to see what I lose in another 10 days!

Congrats! I just started 30DS yesterday and saw on the box a claim of "Lose up to 20 pounds in 30 days." To me, that claim sounds hokey. But if you're on day 10 and already losing inches, that's so encouraging.
  • tryingtoshed
    tryingtoshed Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    it doesnt get easier--you just get stronger. Keep with it because its totally worth it. I freaking love that woman. Yes, she can be irritating, but like she says, she really does give results!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I can't remember which DVD it is, but she refers to herself as the devil, LOL!

The first round of 30 Day Shred I didn't even use dumbells until level 3 (I was broke and had to wait until I got them as a gift) and I still lost 15 pounds over the 30 days. So if it's too hard I would modify, reduce the weight and modify moves but really try to get through the 25 minutes. I am just finishing up my second round of 30DS (about 8 months later) and I am able to do ALL the hardest moves with weights. I AM SO STRONG NOW!

Funny to the haters that think she is a scam. She gets results. How is getting toned and smaller a scam, I don't know!
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I can't remember which DVD it is, but she refers to herself as the devil, LOL!

LOL! It is Killer Abs!!! I heard it today! :-)
  • rmistwallow
    Options
    I am extremely out of shape. I weigh 275lbs. I haven't worked out up until two weeks ago for 2-3 years. Yes she is tough but she is doable. The first week I just made sure I stayed moving, even marching in place if I couldn't do something. Never stopping, you have to want it. I do what I can, and each time I work out I get stronger and am able to do more, I stay active the whole 30 minutws. Even Jillian says that you should do the best you can do. I am on my second week of Body Revolution and am feeling and starting to see amazing things.
  • CvJ626
    CvJ626 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Her DVDs are such a challange but I love the feeling that I get once I have completed a session. My body feels lik it is dying during the workout. I find myself using flattering four letter words towards her while she's on the TV. Sometimes, on good days I'll do Level 1&2 of 30 day shred. I push myself through Levels 1,2,&3 on days that my food intake was to high. It's an amazing love-hate relationship with JM's workouts but I feel the same about this new health/clean eating journey.
  • lilpocketrocket
    lilpocketrocket Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Love love love Jillian Michaels..got all her dvds...I did 6 weeks of ripped in 30 before buying JMBR and ive just finished week 3....keep at it for sure and before you know it you'll find cardio 1 a breeze :)
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I consider myself in pretty good shape. I bought Killer Buns and Thighs, a Jillian Michaels DVD I found at Target, and thought ''meh, let's see what this is all about.'' That woman is CRAZY!! I made it through level 1 dripping in sweat, legs shaking so bad, I was sure they were going to fail on me, and that was level 1! And I had to kill myself just to get through it. I am too afraid to attempt it again.