Exams are killing my efforts. What should I do?

Options
Every six months there are semester exams and they always make me gain all the weight I've lost.

For a year I've been stuck on the same weight now.
I lose 3 kilos and then exams arrive.
I try not to tire myself and reduce my exercising.
I also stop logging because I don't use my smartphone during exams

And when exams end, I'm back to square one.

I hate the college schedule and the exam schedule.
They don't teach anything the while semester and we have to study hard in the end.

How should I sick to my weight in these times?

Replies

• ATHLegal
    ATHLegal Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Same here. I am having my exams and I stress eat. I try to stay under my calorie goal but not exercise. Study and eat good food. That's all really.
  • devta
    devta Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    tatho2014 wrote: »
    Same here. I am having my exams and I stress eat. I try to stay under my calorie goal but not exercise. Study and eat good food. That's all really.

I guess we can motivate each other then.
  • lilbthebasedgod
    lilbthebasedgod Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    As a college student myself currently, I can totally understand! Now that I'm doing summer school, it's still something I try to deal with, but I went one semester during exam season without gaining weight. Since there's usually no time to exercise, take 15 minute walks during your study breaks - as a bonus this clears your mind and helps with your studying after that as well! As the other reply has stated, just try and stay under your calorie goal, you got this!
  • greekyogurtandpuppies
    greekyogurtandpuppies Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I found buying pre packaged food was helpful for exams- mini bags of baby carrots, individual Sabra hummus containers, individual fage 0% yogurts, blue diamond 100 cal almond bags, whole fruit, pre made salads, canned salmon and tuna and water, prepared boiled eggs, etc. No prep time and easy to log for maximum study results!
  • ATHLegal
    ATHLegal Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    devta wrote: »
    tatho2014 wrote: »

I guess we can motivate each other then.

Sure no problems. Try your best not to over eat. That's my main advise. Exercise is an option if you have the time.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Exams are more importnat, but honestly taking an exam doesnt make you gain weight, unless you are eating the exam paper and your textvooks or they are feeding you cookies and ice cream whilst you are taking it. College students are lucky and you will realise you had much more control over your life than you will get later on.

the thing thats in your favour is you know in advance when its going to happen, so you can plan and prepare for it. You can have a maintenance plan whilst the exams are on , but as you make the choice to stop logging then experience shows you decide to eat above maintenance hence you regain the weight.

Off the top of my head.
    1. plan and organise yourself better.
    2. your workouts dont have to be the first casualty, 1h is just 4% of your day. Do home workouts, just walk more.
    3. Cook in bulk and prelog your food, then you can just warm stuff up pre measured and pre prepared.
    4. Keep logging, it only takes a few minutes.
    5. Start revising earlier.
    6. I understand they are stressful, but its a choice to let your diet be the casualty, if you struggled hard to lose 3kg then its a choice if you dont take good care of the loss and let it creep back on.

Eating, sleeping and exercise will all help you have more energy and assist your exam performance. If i was in your position and that weight loss was importnat id consider it a bit futile to keep losing and then regaining the same weight, so id take responsibility and do something about it as suggested above. Its in your own hands.