Calves getting bigger!!!! Help

Options
1235»

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    so by measurements, how much have they grown?
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    steffie113 wrote: »
    Christ! I've only just started to read through these posts and it seems I've caused a uproar!
    Since working out my calves are going bigger, jeans that used to fit perfectly are now hard to get past my ever growing calves. This just isn't something I was aiming be to achieve at all.
    Each to their own, one persons ideals are different to others. Taylor Swift has (in my eyes) the perfect pins.

Could it also be water weight/swollen? I swear my pants never fit for a day or two after hard running or heavy squats. Lay off a few days and see if there's a difference.

FYI, though, you're legs look spectacular. I have to starve and be at ridiculously low body fat for my legs to be that lean!
  • steffie113
    steffie113 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I haven't been measuring them
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I haven't been measuring them

Then you don't know they have gotten bigger. And you haven't mentioned what exercise you are doing that is making them grow. And you haven't mentioned if you are eating enough to actually cause them to grow. And you haven't stated the time that has elapsed since said growth occured. And your comment about how big girl's legs should be is deplorable.
  • steffie113
    Options
    I did mention exercise... I stated what I was doing and my question was how to change my exercise up to work different parts of my body more. I have no idea when they got bigger I just know that they have. My calorie intake for the day is always under.
    Maybe I shouldn't have said girls legs should not be this big. My legs should not be this big is a better statement. I do not like my legs to be big. I do not want to be so muscular, I do not think it looks feminine and it isn't something I'm happy with. I'm sure if you were unhappy with a certain part of your body you would try to change it right? Everyone's body ideals are different and like I said before each to their own.
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I did mention exercise... I stated what I was doing and my question was how to change my exercise up to work different parts of my body more. I have no idea when they got bigger I just know that they have. My calorie intake for the day is always under.
    Maybe I shouldn't have said girls legs should not be this big. My legs should not be this big is a better statement. I do not like my legs to be big. I do not want to be so muscular, I do not think it looks feminine and it isn't something I'm happy with. I'm sure if you were unhappy with a certain part of your body you would try to change it right? Everyone's body ideals are different and like I said before each to their own.

I don't see what you mean by "so muscular". The pic you posted shows a flexing of gastrocnemius. How do they appear when you are not flexing? The quadriceps don't appear to be overly muscular. The hamstrings seem nicely sculpted. Embrace your body and keep making it the best it can be. Taylor Swift's genetics created her tall and thin physique.
  • catsniffer
    catsniffer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what the prob is here? Honestly, you're just fishing for compliments in this thread, which is a bit weird for a calorie counting forum.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    catsniffer wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the prob is here? Honestly, you're just fishing for compliments in this thread, which is a bit weird for a calorie counting forum.

TBH, its not weird for MFP.... :laugh:

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Christ! I've only just started to read through these posts and it seems I've caused a uproar!
    Since working out my calves are going bigger, jeans that used to fit perfectly are now hard to get past my ever growing calves. This just isn't something I was aiming be to achieve at all.
    Each to their own, one persons ideals are different to others. Taylor Swift has (in my eyes) the perfect pins.

but the point most people are trying to make is that you're NOT Taylor Swift...
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

your legs are not big. they have some definition to them now, which you are more aware of, but they are not muscular. and also, you're flexing in these pictures, so they look bigger then when at rest or just walking around.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    OP find those calves getting bulky because she can see them.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I understand that people have different goals for their bodies. But it makes me sad that so many women think muscles=not feminine. The waifish blow-away-in-a-breeze look is to be aspired for. What's wrong with a woman who can take care of herself, who's able-bodied and strong?

Eh, I'll stop before I start devolving into some rant about society and pretty pink hand weights.
  • mimil55
    mimil55 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Personally I think you have awesome legs, I'd love to have that muscle definition! :) I know that doesn't answer your original question, but sometimes I think we have to accept our morphology. Sadly that means I'll never be 6 foot tall with skyscraper legs :p
  • try4better128
    try4better128 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You're supposed to buy jeans to fit your biggest part and have the rest tailored. Alternatively buy boot cut jeans. ... Just curious, was this post actually just a way to show your leg muscles? I can't tell if you're serious or just sharing a success story haha.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    You have GREAT legs. They aren't the problem
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    mimil55 wrote: »
    Personally I think you have awesome legs, I'd love to have that muscle definition! :) I know that doesn't answer your original question, but sometimes I think we have to accept our morphology. Sadly that means I'll never be 6 foot tall with skyscraper legs :p

I'm 6'3 and have monstrous calves. But I'm a dude, so that's OK :)
  • steffie113
    Options
    Hahahahahahaha I wouldn't call it a success story...as I have stated so many time this was not what I was aiming to achieve!
  • steffie113
    Options
    But thanks for the compliments as few people close to me have been very negative about them... So yeah I feel a little better