5'9 goal weight?

Options

Replies

• Soliasan
    Soliasan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently weigh 157 lbs with a goal of 150. Last time I saw my doctor they said my goal was still "high". Honestly I feel good where I am at and I'm shocked at how dramatic the change has been. When I hit my goal I will have lost 40 lbs. I have a feeling I will be about a size 6 or maybe a 4 at goal.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Instead of focusing on what other people your height would like to weigh (we all have different goals) why not focus on what you want. If you focus is on appearance, then you probably already have a number in mind. If your focus is on a particular sport, this is what helped me:

1. Find your favorite sport on these charts:
    http://www.runnersworld.com/elite-runners/bmis-champions?page=single
    http://www.runnersworld.com/health/bmis-of-champions-womens-edition?page=single

2. Use the BMI data of the top athletes in your sports of choice to compute an ideal weight based on your height. Obviously if your focus is on the shot put your goal weight will be higher than a long distance runner
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    You need to be happy with how you look and feel more than any number on the scale or what anyone else thinks you should weigh. I am 5'10" & got down to 152 but felt I was too thin. I have built muscle mass & have more definition and am happy with how I look and feel. I have been comfortably maintaining around 160-165. Now focusing on body fat % & core definition.
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    You need to be happy with how you look and feel more than any number on the scale or what anyone else thinks you should weigh. I am 5'10" & got down to 152 but felt I was too thin. I have built muscle mass & have more definition and am happy with how I look and feel. I have been comfortably maintaining around 160-165. Now focusing on body fat % & core definition.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and 150 was my goal. I range from 147-153. I've been here a few years.
  • paris458
    paris458 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and 135lbs at the moment, I was down to 127 with no muscle. I dont have a goal weight anymore, I am just trying to build muscle and lose the fat around my mid-section. not sure what weight that would be.
  • jenniferjohnsonament
    jenniferjohnsonament Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 8 and 150 lbs.
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and would like to get to 155. Currently at 166.
  • jtolman619
    jtolman619 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and right now, I'm aiming for 160.
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    My goal is 150 to 160 lbs. strong and healthy at 54yrs <>bump
    Patsy
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 126lbs, it all depends on muscle mass. i've gotta hit the weights :/
  • DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You need to ignore BMI, especially as you approach your ideal weight, and look at Body Fat %. I had myself hydrostatically weighted, and found that, because I have a long torso and short limbs, and because I evidently have some MUSCLES hidden under the rolls, my BMI will still be in the OBESE range when my Body Fat is ideal. (On the day he won Mr. Universe, Arnold Schwarzenegger also had a BMI in the OBESE range. I'm not saying I'm Ah-nold. But that is a fact.)
  • thatrabidgirl
    thatrabidgirl Posts: 32 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my goal weight is 150. I'm 172 right now and I started from 191. I seem to carry all my weight on my lower body because I can get away with wearing size small tops but I'm still in between 8 and 10 with my pant sizes.
  • BluGnat
    BluGnat Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal weight is 145. I'd say I'm medium-framed. For me, that's a loose size 10, a snug 8. I was an 8 in high school, but 130 lbs.
  • mlavalley73
    mlavalley73 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My goal weight at 42 years old is 165.
  • atj110
    atj110 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    5'10" and honestly I want to weigh 128-135. /: maybe I'll be happy at 145ish.
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    At 5'10" and 54 years old my goal is 182, about 8 more pounds. I've been holding at 190 for 3 weeks but firming up because my clothes are fitting better
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    5'9" 62yo 145#

I don't want to go below 140 (unless a tummy tuck repairs age & weight loss issues). And reaching 150 triggers a desire to lose (unless I build more muscle).