Lowest carb bread you know of?

Options
Parmcat
Parmcat Posts: 268 Member
Looking for low carb bread. Even the gluten free has 190 cal per 2 slices.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Replies

• jennagoogles13
    Options
    I'm confused...do you want low carb or low calorie?
  • Whodatgirl77
    Whodatgirl77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Paleo bread
  • buildingdreams
    buildingdreams Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Julianbakery.com I use the coconut bread. 40 calories per slice and it more desne than other light breadds in the shelf. My local health food store stocks it
  • Parmcat
    Parmcat Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm confused...do you want low carb or low calorie?

Yes, I do want to low carbs...low cals is always a bonus.

My bad
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    why?
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Julianbakery.com I use the coconut bread. 40 calories per slice and it more desne than other light breadds in the shelf. My local health food store stocks it

Thanks for listing Julianbakery.com. I have been looking for a decent bread that is low in carbs, soy free, canola oil free and relatively low in sodium etc. Now I have to find a store that sells it.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    There's a brand called 'healthy life' that I see at local groceries. I know that each slice is 35 cals so I can't imagine the carbs are very high. Might not be other-stuff free though.
  • SusanUW83
    SusanUW83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Oasis low carb sprouted flax seed bread - 45 cals per slice, 8 carbs, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Not that expensive either compared to others I've seen. you need to keep it in the refrigerator, though or it gets moldy.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Looking for low carb bread. Even the gluten free has 190 cal per 2 slices.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

You can make meat bread.
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    The Healthy Life bread I eat is deelish and has 16 carbs in 2 slices, 70 calories.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options

this....it was the first thing that popped into my head when i read the OP's post.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Healthy Life. 2 slices are 70 cals, 3g of carb per slice. Nice taste similar to white, widely available, not expensive. Good shelf life.