Weigh in question/help! Ladies only

Options
2»

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week and record the number whatever happens. I note when my period starts. I might stay the same or gain a couple of pounds. The next week any weight gained goes away. I know why it happens and it doesn't bother me.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    cnekniher wrote: »
    My cycle never seems to follow the exact same numerical length, it varies month by month. So following a chart on when it's comin is hard for me. Anyone have any tell tale signs their body sends out saying it's coming? I only get PMS symptoms once it actually arives.

Just before my period starts I often get a migraine, my back might hurt, my breasts might feel heavy and tender, I might feel extra cold/hot, I might be super tired or hungry, and my skin breaks out with pimples. I might not have all of those happen but if I notice one or more of those events my period is usually on the way in the next few days. I also note my period on a calendar in my bathroom. It isn't always the same number of days but roughly the same time period.
    Also my dd gets her period around the same time I do so if she has started or I have then I know the other isn't far off.

• aBlueCrayon
    aBlueCrayon Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't very consistent in days, I start for a few months at the end of the month and next thing you know, I'm starting a week and a half early. But like the post above mentioned, there are usually signs of it's impending arrival! Try tracking it, there are plenty of apps and websites out there to help you.

As for the original topic, I weigh every day or every few days before I go to bed when I remember to. Unfortunately I have Aria so it automatically updates this app with my weight, but I'm kinda whatever about it since my diary is now public anyway. This upcoming period will be my first one since changing the way I eat and taking my weight, but I think I might only weigh myself once in this period and again when it's done. If it makes you uncomfortable to see the high number, I wouldn't suggest you do it though, no need in making yourself miserable :) Aunt Flo will do that enough to you.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself, but I know I can expect a gain that week, and I usually don't log it.
  • RachaelWinston
    RachaelWinston Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel bad, certainly don't do it. There's really no reason to weigh in more than once a week unless you're super curious about your own trends or just like to keep meticulous records (I fall into this category).

Personally, I love to weigh myself before, during, and after my period. Reason being, I usually gain a little before, but experience the "woosh" that's so commonly referred to here once the water weight disappears. The water weight usually keeps the scale higher than it should look, even though I'm still losing fat, so once it goes away, I can appreciate my loss as one larger number instead of small increments.

Often (though not always) it's the time of the month when I experience the most loss. It almost is enough to make me look forward to my period... which is really saying something.

That's a great way to think of it! I never looked at it that way but you're right once that water weight it gone it is a magic whoosh on the scale lol I will have to keep that in mind :)