Thoughts on Plexus?

Options
I understand it's about how much you eat. But I was just curious what people's thoughts were on Plexus, as a healthy addition. If it's really healthy, helpful, or just people's experiences in general. I know it's as simple as eating less and moving more. Sometimes I just feel like I need a little help to keep control, to have more energy, or just to feel better in general. And I've been hearing a lot about Plexus lately so I was just curious about it. All thoughts and opinions are appreciated.

Replies

• jaxass
    jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
    Options
    My daughter has introduced me to Plexus just this week. While I haven't tried it yet, she has used it for a while and what a difference it has made for her.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    It's one of those MLM pyramid "companies". Honestly, you can lose weight without it. Those supplements add up quite quickly and become very expensive. I vote to skip it and just eat at a deficit.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    It's one of those MLM pyramid "companies". Honestly, you can lose weight without it. Those supplements add up quite quickly and become very expensive. I vote to skip it and just eat at a deficit.

Yup, every bit of this.

Rigger
  • emilybmcd
    emilybmcd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A relative of mine has been on plexus for 8 months. She had a lot of health problems that it has helped her with. She changed her eating habits and started exercising which caused her to lose 30 lbs. However, the plexus has helped her get off of several medications she was taking. Her blood pressure has stabilized as well. While there is the MLM aspect as well as the fact that it can get expensive, I've seen how it has helped her. But, like I mentioned, she had a lot of health problems. You can also get sample packs of many of the products (such as the pink drink) if you want to do a trial run. There is a lot more to Plexus than weight loss. Best of luck to you on your journey!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    all i know is that my wife's friend is selling it. i know because she has a facebook post about every 5 minutes about it. she has lost 2.8 lbs in 21 days. so, so far, it seems she's about on pace to lose 1lb a week, which is a setting on MFP.

she also sells jamberry

and 31 bags

and something else... i think it's jewelry

it drives me nuts.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    emilybmcd wrote: »
    A relative of mine has been on plexus for 8 months. She had a lot of health problems that it has helped her with. She changed her eating habits and started exercising which caused her to lose 30 lbs. However, the plexus has helped her get off of several medications she was taking. Her blood pressure has stabilized as well. While there is the MLM aspect as well as the fact that it can get expensive, I've seen how it has helped her. But, like I mentioned, she had a lot of health problems. You can also get sample packs of many of the products (such as the pink drink) if you want to do a trial run. There is a lot more to Plexus than weight loss. Best of luck to you on your journey!

I'm sure it was the weight loss, not the Plexus that helped your friend get off medications.

• AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    from http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2014/37721a-eng.php

Hazard identified

The Australia Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) warned consumers not to use these products as they were found to contain 1,3-dimethylamylamine (DMAA), a drug that is not approved for sale in Canada.

Side effects

Side effects associated with DMAA include high blood pressure, shortness of breath, chest pain, stroke and psychiatric disorders.

Doesn't sound worth the risk to me?
  • just_diana77
    just_diana77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've had 3 friends that were on it. All 3 ended up pregnant, all were on birth control/IUD and took it correctly. I can't prove it was from Plexus but I have talk to other people, where they have heard of others getting pregnant from the Pink drink.
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    AmyG1982 wrote: »
    from http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2014/37721a-eng.php

Hazard identified

The Australia Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) warned consumers not to use these products as they were found to contain 1,3-dimethylamylamine (DMAA), a drug that is not approved for sale in Canada.

Side effects

Side effects associated with DMAA include high blood pressure, shortness of breath, chest pain, stroke and psychiatric disorders.

Doesn't sound worth the risk to me?

This is the accelerator only and the formula has been changed recently.

• eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    A close friend of mine started selling it and I almost removed her from my Facebook. The BS and woo filled claims are laughable at best and downright deceptive (no, you're not going to cure migraines and diabeetus)
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    A close friend of mine started selling it and I almost removed her from my Facebook. The BS and woo filled claims are laughable at best and downright deceptive (no, you're not going to cure migraines and diabeetus)

This. Between this stuff and the stupid wrap things, I'm about ready to delete my Facebook.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

I'm sure it was the weight loss, not the Plexus that helped your friend get off medications.

+1
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options

This. Between this stuff and the stupid wrap things, I'm about ready to delete my Facebook.

I've got an Isagenix seller on mine and recently someone else just started selling Thrive. It's beyond annoying. I just hid both of them yesterday. I should start pushing MFP! Oh wait... I won't make any money.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

This. I get tagged in that bs constantly, ugh. The only thing I get into is scentsy, because it makes my house smell so good, and they have this amazing blueberry cheesecake scent. I don't sell, I just buy that. Plexus and ItWorks is just a bunch of bs to swindle money out of people who don't know any better. There. I said it.

• PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I was thinking it had the same name as the villain from the 80's classic FernGully: The Last Rainforest, but a google search indicates that was Hexxus.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options

"Curing" diabetes... SMH... That claim alone is enough. NOPE.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I was on the pink drink, bio cleanse, probio 5, and accelerator for 5mths. The only thing I lost was $$$$$. These products don't make you lose weight, it's the calorie restriction and extra exercise people tend to start when first using this stuff that drops the pounds.

These mlm distributors are like evil little minion zealots. They will bombard you until you either either sign up or delete their *kitten*!
  • KValmera71
    KValmera71 Posts: 82 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I got samples of the pink drink and something called spark at one time, did not like them. On the contrary, I do use Thrive and love it, not for weight loss though. I am working out and eating better. I haven't weighed in months (threw the scale away because it in itself became an addiction) but my clothes are fitting larger and people are telling me I've lost weight. I do not believe in anything claiming it's FOR weight loss or cures anything, that is ALL BS.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

The weight loss and exercise has helped her get off medicines, not a low quality mlm scam...
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I tried Plexus and it did not do anything for me. HOWEVER, they do have a money back guarantee, so I called their customer service number and was able to get reimbursed the full price so at least I wasn't out anything.