I shalt not eat crap

Options
So, today is day 1 .. again!

The last 4 days I've been ravenous. Or rather, bored and therefore convinced myself that I was hungry and therefore ate whatever was close to hand - chocolate.

Before everyone jumps on me .. at our work we have these horrid honesty boxes full of chocolates, crisps etc and an IOU sheet for when you don't have enough cash. These are my nemesis - and in moments of weakness I write IOU and eat 1 or 2 choc bars and then feel rubbish as I have a sugar high, followed later by a low.

So ... today is day 1 of not giving in. It's 1.15pm here and I've lasted the morning so just need to make it through the next 2 hours of cravings.

Replies

• retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Are you substituting in some healthier snacks so you can avoid getting hungry and giving in? After a few days the cravings let up a bit, so hang in there!
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    I'm stealing your topic title for my mantra from now on Lol
  • magdalena1112
    Options
    I don't know how much you weigh or anything but one time I saw myself in the mirror eating a cheeseburger from BK and I was horrified at how I looked eating. Not because eating makes you look bad but because with my fat face I looked like a porker chomping on that thing. Now when I eat start to eat crap that image makes me stop. I had to give up the sugar because I felt crappy afterwards. It is not easy when you are used to it but feeling ****ty I decided it is not worthy. Also when you are about to grab something crappy to eat tell yourself you don't want it. And put it down. Not easy always but it can help. Tell yourself you don't want it and don't need it. I live next to a convenience store and at first it was a crappy food fest. Now I only go to use the ATM. This just my experiences. I know it may not work for all, but maybe give it a try. Good luck.
  • SStruthers13
    SStruthers13 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Crap has been my issue lately.

I wish I could quit you crap!
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    You madeit this far! Drink some water and think thin thoughts! I feel your pain.
  • CarlaNeverGivenUp
    CarlaNeverGivenUp Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    LOL! So did you make it?! I like the again...totally fan of again...means were are NOT given up!:smile:
  • lenkearney
    lenkearney Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    write down
    three things you love to do..
    three things you should do
    three people you haven't talked to lately
    a goal to walk 30 minutes a day

put in your wallet..

Next time your bored - read the list and do one of those things...then pat yourself on the back and add one new thing to the list.
  • storknursekelly
    storknursekelly Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have found my cravings go away completely for something once I stop putting it in my body. My brain says "hey ! at first, where is that addictive sugar, salt, white bread especially, processed food or caffeine?? " It doesn't like it, but once I start feeding it the right fuel the cravings become less & less until I literally lose them entirely. If I eat that food again I can feel that addicting chemical response of I want more just have a few bites, that's how some companies keep us eating their foods, chemicals. I feel so tired, irritable, never satisfied after I put this stuff in my body, but have come to realize now how much my body reacts to it. Actually everyone's does but most people don't realize it until they go with out & start eating healthy food. Our brains are smart they will crave what we feed them ! Healthier food the healthier body & brain :) it's just getting past those darn cravings :) I wish you much success. You may add me if you would like.
  • Angylgrrl
    Angylgrrl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I feel like I could have written this post, OP. I am currently struggling with sugar cravings. I know that if I can cut out sugar (baked goods/ice cream are my issue) for at least a few days, that the cravings will contain themselves, but right now it's easier said than done. I work in an elementary school, and with it being the end of the year, there is nothing but cupcakes and treats for the kids with summer birthdays coming in, as well as end-of-year gifts of baked goods. *Sigh* Today, I turned down 4 different students' birthday treats, even though each and every one looked delicious.

We can do this! It's mind over matter, for the most part. Once the cravings subside, you will be glad you decided not to eat crap! I'm going to keep trying!
  • sholubik
    sholubik Posts: 12
    Options
    an apple dipped in nutella usually gets rid of my chocolate cravings. the apple fills me up, and the nutella gives me the chocolate fix. also, water has been my key to not giving in when i have a down moment. also, a weight watchers chocolate smoothie is under 100 calories. good luck. I know the "again" path only too well
  • zummerzet_lou
    zummerzet_lou Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    write down
    three things you love to do..
    three things you should do
    three people you haven't talked to lately
    a goal to walk 30 minutes a day

put in your wallet..

Next time your bored - read the list and do one of those things...then pat yourself on the back and add one new thing to the list.
    Thanks ... I'm going to do this!!

2pm now ... so I'm now into the "witching" hour, so I have grabbed another glass of water and given myself a pat on the back for making it this far. Only 2 hours until home time - I shall resist!
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Hang in there the craving will go away. I was the worse sugar junkie (I even put sugar on coco puffs cereal!) "before" and just after 6 weeks I can honestly say that I don't crave sugar or sweets at all. I have a bowl of candy I keep around for my grandchildren (I am rethinking even have this around for them), and it is sitting right here on the table and I haven't touched it. Haven't even wanted it, which is such a shock to me.

And snacking, I was snacking constantly, and now I really don't even get hungry until it is time to eat again. I know about that snack drawer at work, we had one too (I'm retired now), and they are really hard to stay away from if you know it is there and you are feeling hungry. I would suggest that you get your own snacks to keep for yourself... such as the 100 calorie packs of almonds, or whole wheat crackers, low fat yogurt or cheese sticks, apples, oranges, ect. you get the picture. If you have other snacks available to you, it will be easier to stay away from the crap.
  • zummerzet_lou
    Options
    I did it - thanks everyone that posted !

1 day done that I haven't eaten chocs or cake ... and the first day of breaking a habit is always hard.

Will have to keep my resolve over the weekend, and I'll probably catch you all on Monday ...
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Plan for it.

Pack some apple slices and peanut butter
    Almonds
    Protein Bar

Any thing better than chocolate bars
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness get rid of the snack box and write an IOU for 10 bucks lol. That is soo tempting and wrong.
    Its been day 1 for me for a month and a half. Sheesh. I am ready to find that motivation and determination again please.
  • zummerzet_lou
    Options
    I can't get rid of the snack boxes ... they are provided by another company and supply the whole office. I just need to get better with my will power.

Monday here again, so I will be re-starting my quest to avoid the temptation (was pretty good over the weekend).

So, anyone else want to pledge not to eat crap today?
  • CampMom10
    CampMom10 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm stealing your topic title for my mantra from now on Lol

Ha ha! Me too!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I don't eat poop. Never had a problem with that one.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    *gasp*
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Horrid chocolates, you say??

HOW DARE YOU, MADAM.