What was/is your exercise routine like?

Options
mday2107
mday2107 Posts: 34 Member
In my opinion, success stories are the greatest motivation out there. So I'm curious. Everyone who has been successful and is at or getting close to their goal weight, what did you do to get there? I'm looking for more detail then just the usual "stay focused, stay motivated, eat clean, move more" sort of answer. What was your favorite exercise routine like? How often did you work out and what were those work-outs?

Replies

• rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Monday - 1 hour boot camp (cardio)
    Tuesday - 40mins walking on treadmill plus 20mins of weights
    Wednesday - 1 Hour boot camp (weights)
    Thursday - 1 Hour boot camp (boxing)
    Friday - 40mins treadmill plus 20mins of weights
    Saturday - 30mins of HIIT training
  • kerbeya1
    kerbeya1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    30 minuets of cardio a day starting with 5 minuet walk 5 minuet jogg and progressed my running time as time went on. Heavy lifting upper body one day heavy lifting lower body the next. Then on to light weight upper the next and lower weight legs the next day. Only took a rest about every 2 weeks or when my body wouldn't allow me to work out. I cut pop and fast food first and slowly entreiduced healthier food when I started hitting plateaus. Started at 350 pounds lowest weight was 285-286 depending on the day currently trying to lose body fat rather than weight and have put on 20 pounds of muscle. This was over the course of 2 years.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I do a variety of different things. Swimming, running, pilates, yoga, tennis, weights, hiking, etc. It has to be fun for me or what's the point?
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    I walk 10k to 15k steps per day about 5-6 days a week and lift heavy (NROL, 5/3/1, 5x5, etc) two days a week. I use a Fitbit to sort my calories for me and find it to be accurate enough to lose 1-2 lbs a week. I'm nearly to my goal of 145lb for the second time with this plan.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!