PCOS girls?

Options
Hi I'm sarah i stayed the app today. Interested in if this has helped anyone. I have pcos. If so i live to share some tips and any advice you have :) im a 24 year old female from Colorado. Trying to some lbs

Replies

• mikalaf1
    mikalaf1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I also have PCOS. I'm 25 and live in North Carolina. I'm new to this app though. :p
  • smadaris91
    smadaris91 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Im New to it also. Ill add u as friend :) today I'm over 30 calories yikes
  • amandalee8888
    amandalee8888 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My name is Amanda. I have PCOS too. I'm from the states but currently living in China. I've been using myfitnesspal for a while now...I've lost almost 30 pounds...hoping to lose 60 or 70 more before I get married. Add me if you'd like!
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Hello. 28, from Canada.
  • Caitoriri
    Caitoriri Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Cait. I'm 26 and I live in Japan. I've known about my PCOS since I was 15, and changing my diet, exercising and losing weight has really helped me manage the symtoms a lot! :)
  • treetownmama
    treetownmama Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello! Molly, 31, Michigan. Looking to lose 45 lbs. Lost 45 last year, gained 12 of it back. :neutral: Just got back on the wagon a few days ago! Excited and ready to start losing again.
  • smadaris91
    smadaris91 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Awesome i have alot to lose. Im so excited to meet everyone. Add me as a friend if u would like :)
  • findingmeagainn
    findingmeagainn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I also have PCOS and Hypothyroidism...feel free to add me if you'd like! (And I'll add all of you :)) Also if anyone have any tips please let me know!
  • tamaraarredondo
    tamaraarredondo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i was just diagnosed with PCOS. boy is it a pain! all of my hormones where completely tanked! no wonder i am tired all the time. I just joined MFP to hopefully lose some of this weight. My doc says that it was causing insulin resistance and recommended that i cut all sugar and grains to go into ketosis. im down about 6 pounds in 2 weeks... after counting calories and watching every gram of fat that i ate for the last 9 months and gaining 3 pounds i am so excited :) Add me! I log everyday and work from home so I am always around.
  • prplepeep
    prplepeep Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello from NC. I was recently diagnosed as well, and hoping this discovery will help me get to some "normality" as far as symptoms go. Feel free to add me as well- I'd love to have some support and share with Gals that know the struggle is real!!! LOL
  • rosy_08
    rosy_08 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I suffer from a lot of the symptoms and haven't received official diagnosis yet. Have been told I'm insulin-resistant and need to do a low-carb lifestyle change. I'm also working on cutting back dairy and gluten as these have an effect on hormones and symptoms too. :D Feel free to add me! We can do this!!
  • snowiebuggie
    snowiebuggie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have PCOS as well and take metformin for it feel free to add me if you like
  • brittymo433
    brittymo433 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I just got diagnosed as well. I'm 22 from Ohio! I am glad there are others going through the same things! Feel free to add me. I am new to this app as well! My doctor told me low carb diet and exercise so we shall see what happens! (:
  • suzie52
    suzie52 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have pcos.i also was given metformin.i am trying to loss weight and be healthier ... add me if anyone would like to ... ☺
  • kurleekaytee
    kurleekaytee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have pcos, any of you can add me! Looking to learn more about it and about myself!
  • Hichiko
    Hichiko Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    28, diagnosed at 16. Hello, Cysters!
  • hbaer88
    hbaer88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello cysters, my name is Heather and new here. Looking for friends on this weight loss journy. I was diagnosed 3yrs ago with PCOS and struggle with my weight. Add me if you would like.
  • homegrowntallychick
    homegrowntallychick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I am Teresa. 32 diagnosed at 24. Just had my miracle baby that I was told I wouldn't have without fertility treatments 9 months ago. Just starting try to lose again since I refused to buy bigger clothes. I am also hypothyroid. I take cinnamon to help with my sugar processing and a myriad of other medication and supplements that I am trying to cut back on. Feel free to add me I would love some friends.
  • cashforth
    cashforth Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Cindy, I was diagnosed at 28 and am now 45. I was told I couldn't have any more kids after my surprise son but it just took getting mad and throwing away my birth control, and trading up on husbands.... I have about 75 to lose. My best friend and I live in different states so we use Skype to exercise "together". We are using the 21 Day, started with the T 25 and were getting results but aren't quite up to standard yet. It is harder after 40, you break easier...lol Hang in there. I had to have a full hysto due to PCOS and two other issues and was soooo happy. I now just need to lose the weight to help alleviate the other issues that the lovely PCOS gives us. Feel free to add me. I also use a Fitbit HR Charge and finally got my husband one and it is an awesome tool if you can afford to buy it.
  • GeekdGirl
    GeekdGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Well hello loves! There are several PCOS groups you may want to join. Having PCOS just gives us a few extra challenges to overcome; still mostly a game of mathematics, but now you're just including some hormones in the equation, lol!