Why No Yolks?

Options

Replies

• WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    The yolk has more nutrition in them than the whites. I'd say just eat it lol. They're good haha
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    The yolks contain cholesterol and the bulk of the calories. The white of the egg is essentially nothing but albumen.

Cholesterol is essential.

http://www.ravnskov.nu/cholesterol.htm
    And why the body can manufacture it, just in case some one thinks it the devil.:wink:

Then, by definition, cholesterol is not essential.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Some people don't need the extra fat in their diet because they get enough dietary fat from other sources.
    or
    Some people are of the ill founded belief that eating dietary fat makes them fat.
    or
    Some people are of the ill founded belief that because egg yolks are high in cholesterol they are bad for you.

If you want the yolks, eat them. If you don't want the yolks, don't eat them. But do not force other people to eat or not to eat something, just advise them, and if they do not respond or do not appreciate your concern, just ignore them and get on with your day.
  • 74honeybadger
    Options
    Some people don't need the extra fat in their diet because they get enough dietary fat from other sources.
    or
    Some people are of the ill founded belief that eating dietary fat makes them fat.
    or
    Some people are of the ill founded belief that because egg yolks are high in cholesterol they are bad for you.

If you want the yolks, eat them. If you don't want the yolks, don't eat them. But do not force other people to eat or not to eat something, just advise them, and if they do not respond or do not appreciate your concern, just ignore them and get on with your day.

^^^ This. I don't like Tofu but I support you Constitutional Right to eat it if you want to. That's a right isn't it? Or is it a wrong??? Need sleep:tongue:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    The white has most of the protein, very few calories and none of the fat. So for fine tuning achieving macros, egg white can be very helpful

But there's nothing wrong with eating the yolks if you like them. I buy whole eggs and a carton of egg whites so that I can mix and match without having to throw good food away.
  • JeremiahStone
    JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Why no yolks??? I think eggs are sooo boring without yolks!!! I need a good answer before i start chucking them away.

eat it all
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    The white has most of the protein, very few calories and none of the fat. So for fine tuning achieving macros, egg white can be very helpful

But there's nothing wrong with eating the yolks if you like them. I buy whole eggs and a carton of egg whites so that I can mix and match without having to throw good food away.

This

I usually use one or two whole eggs along with half a cup of whites to give a big protein boost for relatively low cals.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Why no yolks??? I think eggs are sooo boring without yolks!!! I need a good answer before i start chucking them away.

Eat the yolks!

Seriously, just eat the yolks...... can't bear to think of people wasting good eggs.....
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i have lost over 50 lbs and i eat egg yokes. i actually made two yummy egg and cheese sandwiches right now:) but i think they avoid it to lower there daily calorie intake and may be concerned with cholesterol. but it has not stopped me in my progress. i eat a breakfast sandwich of some sort everyday.
  • vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    Options
    Yummy with toast soldiers. Eat them!
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Mix in some shell... The crunchy texture is to die for.

Ya!!! I ordered an egg mcmuffin before and bit iinto it and it was all freaking shell!!! Not good!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    The yellow yolk is the best part.............Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love eggs!!
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I see no reason why you should get rid, eat the whole damn egg yum????
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Whole eggs are better for you. Eggs do not raise your blood cholesterol and you need the fat as well. High in other nutrients too.
    I've never met a happy person who is on a low fat diet.
    Your brain needs fat to function properly. Your body needs cholesterol. Fats like lard actually help regulate blood cholesterol. It lowers small particle LDL and raises HDL.
    So live it up. Have 2 whole eggs with a serving of Neese's sausage and an ounce of shredded cheese for breakfast.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    don't eat them if your cholesterol is high.....
  • aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Dietary cholesterol has nothing to do with cholesterol levels in the blood...the is more a correlative of fats....though..in the instance of yolks...if you can understand that each egg has 7/5 ratio of protein to fat, and you don't eat like 20 eggs a day...you're fine.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I believe it's a calorie thing & if you have been told not to because of cholesterol other wise yolk away :smile:
    I find it to be a total waste when I'm cooking something that says egg whites so I occasionally buy the frozen egg whites, as gross as it is.
  • flywithabowtie
    flywithabowtie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I hate yellow. I wont eat bananas either.

Bananas aren't yellow only the skin, so unless you are eating the skin & throwing the banana out. That would be the opposite of the egg theory.
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    AngelicxAnnihilation Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    When I ate eggs (I don't anymore because I find it wasteful to throw away the yolk), I threw the yolk away because I didn't like it.. if you like them then eat it :)
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Because I don't like the yolk. No other reason. You can buy egg whites only so no need to be wasteful if you don't want use the yolks to make egg pasta or pastry.