Any food is worthy?

Options
Got a question... all MFP tells you are about the remaining cals ... and some detailed list... but in general... do you eat anything even white rice, white bread?... i mean...everything got calories right? so can i eat just everything to cover the calorie goal?... I know that people says, dont eat rice, dont eat white bread(just examples), because they are not good!... but i think they say that just because it doesnt give to your body, any nutrient, but still, is good for our body since it is fuel right?... and if you exercise, there wont be any problem at all... am i missing something?

Replies

• ndowns22
    ndowns22 Posts: 20
    Options
    You want COMPLEX carbs for your body to turn into fuel....like BROWN rice and WHOLE wheat bread. Your body will process white rice and bread as sugar which is not fuel, it turns to FAT. HUGE difference in these two. Quality over quantity.
    Hope this helps! Feel free to message me at any time if you have any other questions :)
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Macros, gotta hit 'em. As long as I eat enough fats and protein I eat whatever the hell I want. I eat ice cream every day, Oreos or other cookies at least a few times a week, bread, etc.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,023 Member
    Options
    You want COMPLEX carbs for your body to turn into fuel....like BROWN rice and WHOLE wheat bread. Your body will process white rice and bread as sugar which is not fuel, it turns to FAT. HUGE difference in these two. Quality over quantity.
    Hope this helps! Feel free to message me at any time if you have any other questions :)
    White rice and white bread are complex carbs, if defining carbs that way makes a difference to you. Oh, and sugar is a fuel.
  • Bobbie8786
    Bobbie8786 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I eat white rice and even white pasta and whole wheat bread. No white bread and limit the junk food, not enough bang for your buck calorie wise or helping to feel satisfied. I am not getting sucked into any more crazy "fad" diets. Been there and done that too many times only to gain all my weight back and then some. I try to eat as healthy as possible but I do eat what some people seem to consider "evil" food. All I care about is hitting my calories.
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    If you are just trying to lose weight then it doesn't matter what you eat as long as you have a caloric deficit. If you are wanting to be HEALTHY, however, you should be eating foods that are nutritious.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    >sigh<

I eat white rice frequently.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits my macros for the day, I'll eat anything. I don't eat white rice often (I prefer quinoa), but I definitely will if I am having sushi or curry. I had a bag of skittles over the weekend, and I don't feel the least bit bad about it (I had extra calories and I wanted a movie snack). I've dropped 90 lbs just by watching calorie intake and trying to hit macro breakdown. That's really all there is to it.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    White rice does have nutrients. You can check the USDA National Nutrient Database if you want to find out how much nutrients is in the type of white rice you want to cook. Or not cook if you want it raw, they have that on there too.
  • KML617
    KML617 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Macros, gotta hit 'em. As long as I eat enough fats and protein I eat whatever the hell I want. I eat ice cream every day, Oreos or other cookies at least a few times a week, bread, etc.

^^This! I try to hit my major macros like protein, fat & carbs, or at least come close while still staying under my calorie goal. Otherwise I pretty much eat what I want.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Nothing is off limits, as long as it's in moderation and you're hitting your macros.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options

ortho whaaaaaaa?

I said orthorexic.
  • ChinoWong
    ChinoWong Posts: 14
    Options
    Thank you everbody for replying :wink: !!... So... guess eating most heathy possible without taking out some "rewards" like ice creams, would be the best... Alrighty then hahaha thank you all !