Loving MFP

Options
popcorn7225
popcorn7225 Posts: 29 Member
I have to say I've been a member for a little over 6 weeks and find it opening my eyes daily. I'm an educated person but I was so ignorant about food.

Since starting MFP I've lost 16lbs and rarely am I hungry. I pretty much feel like I've been let in on a huge secret club. I'm able to eat pretty much anything I want and I'm learning to eat in moderation and make healthy choices.

In the beginning (first two weeks) it was pretty difficult. I almost felt like an addict. Now not so much. Sure I'd like to eat 3 pieces of pizza but it's really not that interesting to me anymore.

I'm not a huge exerciser but I do work out 5 days a week in a non traditional way and I'm going to start looking into more traditional forms of exercise to supplement what I'm currently doing.

Anyway I just wanted to share. It's a pretty amazing journey.

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    It's crazy, isn't it? I just always figured, "I'm a normal person, eating normal food, so I guess I'm just supposed to be fat." Then I found MFP and I was like "...What?...Really?...Are you sure?" Then a couple of weeks of loss and I'm all in.
  • samantha0131
    samantha0131 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to start losing some weight, I did it before on here then life happened lol. This app got better since the last time I was on it, with updating calories. Now it has all the info and I can post accurately
  • popcorn7225
    popcorn7225 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just never realized how many calories were in the foods that I was eating. I mean I knew they weren't healthy but never knew just how fattening they were. 4 girls in my office are all doing MFP and we've lost almost 75 lbs in 6 weeks! We love to sit around and talk about the things we want or used to eat but none of us want to actually eat them anymore. We eat healthy everyday and if a party or event comes up we feel a little bit of this or a little bit of that isn't going to kill our weight loss plans. I also love the idea of working out more when an event is coming up that's going to include drinking. I can drink AND lose weight! No diet foods no off limit foods just eating smarter!

Samantha I'm not sure how accurate the database is so I make sure I do all my own calculations and weighing and I'm very careful to make sure I pick the right ones.