Weight coming back after weight loss from cancer treatments

Options
emwm55
emwm55 Posts: 1 Member
I had a stem cell transplant 28 months ago. I have been a life long dieter, so I was happy with the 40 lbs I lost (terrible way to do it though). My new weight was about 10 lbs too low, but at this point I have gained back 30 lbs! I know that using MFP will make me more aware of everything I'm eating and keep me from gaining more weight and putting myself back in a place where I was very unhappy with myself. Also, I am hoping it will help me to eat healthier as my cancer story is not over. Best wishes to everyone out there!

Replies

• SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I gained over 20lbs in my cancer battle this past year and have lost 26 since January. I joined MFP to start tracking so I could show my oncologist exactly what I'm consuming. It and my fitbit flex have really helped me become more mindful of my eating and exercise. I'm really happy with the results so working towards a new goal now. What I've learned over the past few months is that the 2k calorie diet he recommended is only feasable if I'm extremely active like 17k steps per day. That wasn't even possible during treatment/recovery. I hope this is an eye opener for him. No wonder all the patients in my cancer support group are so overweight!!! (Eating too much while inactive) anyhow...good luck on your journey towards a healthier cancer free lifestyle! Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything to add, just wanted to wish you both continued good health. :)