Master Cleanse

Options
2»

Replies

• Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I can't believe people still defend these 10-day wonder diets. The weight you lose is water weight, not fat. Once you resume your regular diet, you will almost assuredly gain back what you've lost. Instead........ well, you've heard it already. It's your body, do what you want. Just don't say you didn't get advice not to.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but did you REALLY just say you are planning on drinking ceyanne pepper, grade B maple syrup, and lemon for 10 days?? When did syrup and ceyanne pepper become a magical food?
  • jhard728
    jhard728 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This will do nothing to better yourself. Do yourself a favor and eat at a calorie deficit and you will lose weight. The exercise is more of a mental thing for me. I like that I am building muscle and the extra calories it burns.

This is almost as bad as the questions about losing some crazy amount of weight in 3 weeks for a beach wedding that you have known about for a year...
  • shawnmstout
    shawnmstout Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    ok seriously the master cleanse is not that big of a deal! it is 10 days out of your entire life.
    you will not *kitten* alll over the place!!!! The first few days are hard, the following are not so bad. It is mostly a mental thing. For sure you'll feel hungry, but you wont die from it. just make sure you keep drinking that juice and lots of water in between. you will need to go pee 10 times a day.
    If you eat *kitten* food after, you will gain all the weight back and mmoooore.
    If it is a start for a good and healthy life style then go for it. BUT BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF!!!
    But dont blame the fad diet for gaining back the weight, blame the poor habits.
    good luck!!!

Seriously? It has been proven time and time again through scientific research that fad diets do not work and as soon as you go back to regular food you will gain the weight back and 90% of people will gain more. This is how people get sidetracked with their diets. You should be ashamed of yourself saying such a thing with nothing to back it up
  • fitkeke5
    fitkeke5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody!! My name is Jordanne. I was a flight attendant for 3 years and gained 30lbs. I keep doing the yoyo diet thing and I have no results so to reset my system I'm doing the master cleanse. Basically you drink ceyanne pepper, grade B maple syrup, and lemon for 10 days....has anyone done this? Have any advice?? Anything else out there that works ((( yes diet and excercise but any tips ???)))

I did it for 14days and lost 12lbs! I'm six days post and have only gained 1lbs back. It did help reset my body and I do feel incredible control. I worked out during the cleanse and workout more intensely afterwards. Overall great experience!
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    wouldn't this also cause you to start burning your muscle for fuel? then after you start eating your normal diet in a caloric surplus that caused you to gain weight to begin with wont you be then gaining back more fat? thus recomping your body the opposite direction, more fat less muscle?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    fitkeke5 wrote: »
    Hey everybody!! My name is Jordanne. I was a flight attendant for 3 years and gained 30lbs. I keep doing the yoyo diet thing and I have no results so to reset my system I'm doing the master cleanse. Basically you drink ceyanne pepper, grade B maple syrup, and lemon for 10 days....has anyone done this? Have any advice?? Anything else out there that works ((( yes diet and excercise but any tips ???)))

I did it for 14days and lost 12lbs! I'm six days post and have only gained 1lbs back. It did help reset my body and I do feel incredible control. I worked out during the cleanse and workout more intensely afterwards. Overall great experience!

Your body isn't a video game and cannot reset itself. You achieve your results by eating extremely low calories and probably some placebo effect.

OP, I would set your calorie goal (or have MFP do it.. probably should aim for 1 lb or 1.5 lbs per week max) and get the majority of your calories from nutrient dense foods. Also, there are stickies at the top of the page that will guide you from the beginning. And if you have more questions, please let us know.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Oh please, everyone knows it only works if you can get your hands on some No.3 Dark / Old USA class C maple syrup. The cayenne has to be raw too, no powdered stuff!

ETA : :D

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    ok seriously the master cleanse is not that big of a deal a waste of time! it is 10 days out of your entire life.
    you will not might *kitten* alll over the place!!!! The first few days are hard, the following are not so just as bad. It is mostly a mental thing. For sure you'll feel hungry, but you wont die from it. just make sure you keep stop drinking that juice and lots of water in between. you will need to go pee 10 times a day.
    If you eat *kitten* the same food after that you did before, you will gain all the weight back and mmoooore.
    If it is NOT a start for a good and healthy life style then go for it. BUT BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF!!!
    But dont blame the fad diet for gaining back the weight, and blame the poor habits.
    good luck!!!

FIFY

Cleanses are a waste of time - you lose water weight, and maybe a pound or two of fat.
    Afterward, you keep gaining weight because you still don't know how to eat correctly for weight loss.
    Learn how to eat at a calorie deficit and you'll lose weight. Skip the cleanse.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    ok seriously the master cleanse is not that big of a deal a waste of time! it is 10 days out of your entire life.
    you will not might *kitten* alll over the place!!!! The first few days are hard, the following are not so just as bad. It is mostly a mental thing. For sure you'll feel hungry, but you wont die from it. just make sure you keep stop drinking that juice and lots of water in between. you will need to go pee 10 times a day.
    If you eat *kitten* the same food after that you did before, you will gain all the weight back and mmoooore.
    If it is NOT a start for a good and healthy life style then go for it. BUT BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF!!!
    But dont blame the fad diet for gaining back the weight, and blame the poor habits.
    good luck!!!

FIFY

Cleanses are a waste of time - you lose water weight, and maybe a pound or two of fat.
    Afterward, you keep gaining weight because you still don't know how to eat correctly for weight loss.

Right! I looked into the recipe and there aren't even any monoglucosaccharides to enhance the toxin scrubbing process! What kind of b*l**h** cleanse is this supposed to be?!?!

OP - if you're still checking in, give me a shout for a much better way to rid your body of toxic chemicals and heavy ions.
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    good luck!!!

FIFY

Right! I looked into the recipe and there aren't even any monoglucosaccharides to enhance the toxin scrubbing process! What kind of b*l**h** cleanse is this supposed to be?!?!

OP - if you're still checking in, give me a shout for a much better way to rid your body of toxic chemicals and heavy ions.

Brat!!! LOL ;-P