..::NiGhTsHiFt::.. help needed!!!

Options
Much to my dismay I frequently am required to work nightshift - I'm nights all weekend!

I am just wondering if anyone else works nights & what they eat? I always get cravings for "junk" and often eating bits that are available for a sugar fix..

Does anyone have tips tips to avoid the dip in blood sugar or snacks that I could keep about me that won't kill the calories and health kick.

Replies

• Lizrobin3108
    Lizrobin3108 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My husband works nights. He's eating fruit at night. You could try nuts, just make sure you measure out a portion. :)
  • hansel2001
    hansel2001 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I work nights and I just do a lunch I do my tracking by when I get up my dinner is listed as breakfast and I just take soup sandwich salads fruit to snack on yogurt. I drink water or green tea. I leave all small bills and change at home stops me from using the drink and snack machines in the brake room. I'm a nurse and I work 8 hours shifts in a nursing home I have every other weekend with every other Tuesday and Thursday off. I just do things my way. Like yesterday when I got up from my nap my husband and I went to Chedder's for a meal I just listed that meal under breakfast it was my first meal of the day. This helps me avoid dips in my blood sugar and yes I do eat something before I go to bed maybe some yogurt or a grilled cheese and fruit I list this as my dinner. I find that this helps me i would just find what works for you good luck. My motto is I only eat what I bring
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    meal prep and bring food with you. check out skinnytaste.com or here for recipes.
    when I worked second shift, I prepped the week on Sunday.
    to keep an even "blood sugar" check out diabetic recipes and thing "whole" unprocessed sugars as they have a tendency to create less of a spike and crash
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I work nights and have for the past 5 years, love them!!!!!

I bring a cooler with food for the shift. I track from midnight to midnight so that the burn from my Fitbit and MFP intake match up.