My plan Good or Bad?

Maintain at 165-167
Eat 1600 Cals per day
Workout everyday for an hour

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    That would depend on a lot of things.

Height? Body composition? What does your workout consist of?

Doesn't sound like much for maintaining....
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    Cardio & weights
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    5'4 female
  • livingleanlivingclean
    edited June 2015
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Seems fairly low maintenance for an hours exercise every day?
  • mcmurphy287
    mcmurphy287 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm 5'7 female, and I used to exercise about an hour or a bit more 6 days a week and eat 1500 calories a day to maintain. I say try it for a month and see your results, then adjust however you need to if things aren't going how you expect.
  • TavistockToad
    I'm 5'7 female, and I used to exercise about an hour or a bit more 6 days a week and eat 1500 calories a day to maintain. I say try it for a month and see your results, then adjust however you need to if things aren't going how you expect.

That makes me so sad for you!

I'm 2 inches shorter and maintain on net1900 with less exercise!
  • livingleanlivingclean

That makes me so sad for you!

I'm 2 inches shorter and maintain on net1900 with less exercise!

I'm the same as TT... Although I haven't "maintained" for so long it's ridiculous, I'm not sure what those cals would be.

OP, I don't think that seems like a lot. But, everyone is different. Try it and see. If you lose, bump them up. I'd be trying to increase my cals from that point... Like a reverse diet scenario. I think I'd be sad if I was eating that little forever.
  • TavistockToad
    also, keep in mind that you may gain a few pounds when you first increase your cals. its not fat its glycogen
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    My guess would be the weight range is far too narrow and calories too low.
    How many calories is your current goal and how fast are you losing weight?
  • dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    I am 5'7" , 165 lbs., my maintenance calories are 2200. Your calories are too low, you should slowly increase calories intake.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited June 2015
    Your cals could go higher - I'm 5ft 2, maintain 133-136lbs at 2100-2300. (Am very active though)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I swear there's a calculator out there that calculates this stuff...maybe even several of them...
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited June 2015
    You can try starting at 1600 and up it by 100-200 calories periodically if you find that you're still losing weight.