Slow and Steady

Options
I am learning a new approach to dieting. I have been logging religiously for 35 days and just sticking to my goal of 2000 calories. It is guiding me to be mindful of what I eat and to make healthy food choices. As a result I have lost 7 pounds in 35 days. I know that isn't anywhere close to what all the fad diets are claiming. For me it is easy, simple and effective and as long as the scale is heading in the right direction I am happy. Just slow and steady and at this rate I will loose my 30 pounds this year.

I am very happy with this app and this approach. :)

Replies

• truelight_photo_craig
    truelight_photo_craig Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'll second the slow and steady approach. I've dropped over 100 pounds, but it's taken me 4 years to do it. The gradual changes I've made are now second nature to me. There's no going back. :)
  • felblossom
    felblossom Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Great for you! The mentality alone will do a lot for you, but sustainable weight loss (where you'll also keep it off!) is definitely not a sprint :) You can do this!!
  • Just_Jaimie
    Just_Jaimie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Slow and steady is the way to go! And hello from Regina!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Gradual changes are much much easier to adapt to habit wise and make it easier to SUSTAIN in the long run.

That also happens with weight gain, which is why people tend not to see themselves any bigger year in and year out until it's like 5 or 10 years out.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • VioletLemon
    VioletLemon Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    congrats! I am down 11 pounds and have been on MFP for only 35 days- I have no interest in fad diets and people who peddle supplememts and lose "40 lbs in 60 days" etc etc- I am firming up my skin as I lose and exercise every single day- my calories are 1800 per day. I started at 350 and I know the goal is under 200 but dont have a number in mind. I wish you much success!!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    That's a great outlook and will lead to success. You are doing great! Slow and steady = healthy and sustainable. You've got this!
  • ang6181980
    ang6181980 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Im just getting back into this and making changes. Slow and steady it my motto! Keep you the good work!
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Awesome for you !

It sounds like you are on a path to a healthy lifestyle

Best wishes on your journey!

Life, is is a save your own butt game!