Need advice, tips and motivation!

GinetteMac
GinetteMac Posts: 171 Member
I joined this group almost a month ago, and have only lost 9 pounds, very sad considering what I was eating versus what I put in me now. I am exercising but the scale doesn't move. I believe I've lost inches as my clothes are much looser on me (thank goodness or I'd cry) but could use lots of motivation, tips advice etc. to get me losing that weight, maybe i'm just getting too old??? to lose it the easy way. Please add me!

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    9 pounds in a month is really good.
  • CherylB2009
    CherylB2009 Posts: 2 Member
    9 pounds is great! But if you lose weight too quickly it can be unhealthy. Good job so far!
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Great work! Feel free to add me. MFP has helped me lose 86 pounds.
  • terrilouH
    terrilouH Posts: 90 Member
    Remember you are not only losing fat you are building muscle which is denserfyvagpvkqvm1.jpg

DONT pay that much attention to the scale I'm a stone heavier then when I started but look a million times better!!!

KEEP GOING!!!
  • mrschwarten
    mrschwarten Posts: 194 Member
    You're doing great!!! The scale doesn't matter as near as much as how your clothes fit! Are you able to lift more, walk father, etc? That matters! Awesome, keep it up!!!
  • OHSHEALTH14
    OHSHEALTH14 Posts: 111 Member
    i have lost 40 pounds in the last 4 months yay me
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    GinetteMac wrote: »
    I joined this group almost a month ago, and have only lost 9 pounds, very sad considering what I was eating versus what I put in me now. I am exercising but the scale doesn't move. I believe I've lost inches as my clothes are much looser on me (thank goodness or I'd cry) but could use lots of motivation, tips advice etc. to get me losing that weight, maybe i'm just getting too old??? to lose it the easy way. Please add me!

This isn't biggest loser, you need to reconsider your expectations. 9lb in a month a good rate of loss.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    terrilouH wrote: »
    Remember you are not only losing fat you are building muscle which is denserfyvagpvkqvm1.jpg

DONT pay that much attention to the scale I'm a stone heavier then when I started but look a million times better!!!

KEEP GOING!!!

Actually, if you're losing weight, you can't build muscle.

OP, that's just over two pounds a week, which is amazing! .5-2 pounds per week is what you should be aiming for.
  • terrilouH
    terrilouH Posts: 90 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »

KEEP GOING!!!

OP, that's just over two pounds a week, which is amazing! .5-2 pounds per week is what you should be aiming for.

Please read this website
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fat_loss_muscle_gain_trick.htm
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »

KEEP GOING!!!

Please read this website
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fat_loss_muscle_gain_trick.htm

I'm pretty sure bodybuilding.com is one of the kings of broscience. Additionally, it's even more difficult for a woman to gain muscle compared to a man. The OP also did not say whether or not she's doing strength training, which is another requirement.