How to add reps from gym machines

Options
I have finally become serious and hired a personal trainer. I thought of keeping up with the exercises here. Is there an easy way I can find the circuit machines at a gym?

Replies

• HappyFeetXOXO
    HappyFeetXOXO Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Lol.. Guess that can be a bit vague. I meant is there an easy way to add the exercises I do on the machines etc. in fitness pal?
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    There's not much point in adding that to your MFP log because there are a lot of variables in weight training which can affect the calorie burn.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    There is a weight/strength training option in the Cardiovascular exercises section that will give calories but I think the calculation is really high. I usually give myself 100 extra calories for a one hour session.

If you're looking to simply track what you're doing in the gym, use the Strength training section of the Exercise Diary to record how many reps and sets you are doing of each exercise. That section doesn't add calories.
  • _Derek_
    _Derek_ Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I agree with SueinAZ. I use the Cardio option. But, I cut the time down as it does appear to be a bit high.
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I entered and named my own exercise. I only track it as 1 cal per minute as I am interested in hours per week / month and I know 60 per hour isn't OTT . You could easily put the calories burned to zero if you wanted
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    personally, MFP is a pretty *kitten* fitness tracker. There are better apps for tracking fitness. Personally though, I just use an old fashioned note book for my lifting.