Protein Absorption

Options
Does anyone on here have an EDUCATED idea on how much protein an active weightlifter would be able to absorb in one sitting (No gear/skittles)? I have heard varying opinions ranging from 30g - infinite. My understanding is that your body will use all it can, but the rest is wasted. I need high protein, so I am trying to figure out how to break it up (currently have to break it up in 8 sittings).

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Does anyone on here have an EDUCATED idea on how much protein an active weightlifter would be able to absorb in one sitting (No gear/skittles)? I have heard varying opinions ranging from 30g - infinite. My understanding is that your body will use all it can, but the rest is wasted. I need high protein, so I am trying to figure out how to break it up (currently have to break it up in 8 sittings).

http://www.jissn.com/content/10/1/5

See "practical applications" near the bottom.

http://www.jissn.com/content/11/1/20

See sections pertaining to protein.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    So you're eating 240g of protein a day? In reality even if your an active weightlifter that is far more than you need. Remember other Macros are important as well including carbs
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    OP's macro goals as from his diary;
    the_big_johnson Daily Goal 1,877 142(carbs) 30(fats) 261(protein)

You really don't need to be eating that much protein.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Please check the protein number you came up with. :grey_question::grey_question::grey_question:
    We are supposed to calculate protein based not on our current weight but on our Lean Body Mass.