pla·teau noun 1. a state of little or no change following a period of activity or progress

Options
I am struggling! I had been doing very well, since January averaging about -3 lbs. per week. I have reached a wall, Still tracking, still exercising, tried switching up step machine and treadmill and walking outdoors. I have increased my pace on my daily walks, still I have not lost anything for about three weeks? Advice? suggestions?

Replies

• saylorkw
    saylorkw Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    -3.5 lbs this week total! back on track!
  • tcip03
    tcip03 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Try tacking your body measurements(if you dont already.) Some times the scale does not change, but you still lose inches. For me that still feels good and helps stay motivated on my journey.
  • saylorkw
    Options
    tcip03 wrote: »
    Try tacking your body measurements(if you dont already.) Some times the scale does not change, but you still lose inches. For me that still feels good and helps stay motivated on my journey.

that has been the case, (recently) I have lost inches around my waist but not lost much weight.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    When you say you are tracking your food, are you using a food scale to weigh your portions?
    How many calories are you eating per day?
    Do you eat your exercise calories back?
    Can you open your food diary so we can take a look?
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    3 weeks does not make a plateau.

And you aren't going to lose 3lbs/week forever.
    Unless you have a massive amount to lose still, it's going to slow down.
  • saylorkw
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    When you say you are tracking your food, are you using a food scale to weigh your portions?
    How many calories are you eating per day?
    Do you eat your exercise calories back?
    Can you open your food diary so we can take a look?

^^ Done
  • Azexas
    Options
    I agree with Lishie that you are not going to see a 3 pound weight loss every week.

How much weight do you have to lose? Unless it is a fairly large amount, even 2 pound a week may be difficult.

In your food diary I see quite a few generic entries that are measured in cups. Do you use a food scale to weight your food? A food scale is much more accurate than cups and spoons.

Are you eating your exercise calories back?
  • saylorkw
    Options
    I agree with Lishie that you are not going to see a 3 pound weight loss every week.

How much weight do you have to lose? Unless it is a fairly large amount, even 2 pound a week may be difficult.

In your food diary I see quite a few generic entries that are measured in cups. Do you use a food scale to weight your food? A food scale is much more accurate than cups and spoons.

I have not been using an actual food scale. I usually do not eat my exercise calories back.
    My goal is to lose another 46 lbs.
    My "healthy" BMI weight is 175
  • Azexas
    Options
    saylorkw wrote: »

I have not been using an actual food scale. I usually do not eat my exercise calories back.

I highly recommend a food scale. It's much more accurate. You can get them pretty cheap off of Amazon. (like $10-15)

If you eat back your exercise calories I would suggest only eating back 60-70% of them. (The burn estimates are not usually accurate).

With 46 pounds to lose, 1 pound a week would be a good place to start which would be a 500 calorie daily deficit.
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    saylorkw wrote: »

I highly recommend a food scale. It's much more accurate. You can get them pretty cheap off of Amazon. (like $10-15)

If you eat back your exercise calories I would suggest only eating back 60-70% of them. (The burn estimates are not usually accurate).

With 46 pounds to lose, 1 pound a week would be a good place to start which would be a 500 calorie daily deficit.

Excellent advice!