Food, my downfall!

Options
I just started this journey June 1st. However, I actually started in February with Calorie Count. I'm discovering new things about myself. Well, guess I have to change my strategy and back away from the buffet!!!! I walk at least 2 miles every day and I think it's giving me a false sense of security that somehow I think I can eat a little more. THAT'S NOT GOOD. Today I'm changing my ways!! This must stop, I've worked way too hard to get where I am on the weight scale. I started this journey at 179 lbs and I'm now 158 and that's pretty good but I need to get better. I like having this place to vent. I'm not really happy with myself today but I'm confident!

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    Part of the reason I exercise is that it gives me a genuine sense of security that I CAN eat a little more. For me, that IS good. I am not saying this to give you a hard time - it just worries me to see you say that walking two miles a day gives you a "false sense of security". Are you trying to wing it with your weight loss without using the tools available here to inform yourself about when you actually can eat more?

You've clearly done a great job so far - getting to 158 from 179 is spectacular! I'd just hate to see you lose momentum, start to question yourself, and risk sabotaging your progress when maybe all that's needed is a mindful re-balancing of your macros and exercise plan and (maybe) more careful logging?

Hang in there and don't despair :)

I think what's she saying is what a lot of people who don't calorie count think: because I exercise, I can eat more. What they don't realize is how few calories exercising actually burns and they end up eating more extra calories than they are burning. A 2 mile walk, for me, burns around 128 calories. (For someone larger it might be as many as 200). That doesn't equal a donut or a candy bar. At most it's maybe a large apple or a banana.

OP, you've made a good choice. Calorie counting is the easiest way to get a good understanding of the relationship between food, exercise and your weight. Best wishes to you!
  • Acossey82
    Acossey82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's me..I go to the gym 4 x a week for a year, invested in a personal trainer, and tried belviq for 6 weeks, my ending results= +12 pounds. I over eat plan and simple. So I start over today, logging everything and actually seeing how many calories I am consuming. Best of luck to all who fight the daily struggle of food, lol