need help

Options
I've been on a cut for about 2 months. Happy with amount lost, but not at goal. Recently I'm exhausted after every workout & wondering if I need to go back to bulking or at least maitnence. Feel free to look at my diary, its public. I used to have a ton of energy after workouts. And my rest days I feel like a zombie! Help!!
I'm wanting to be leaner so the muscle I've built is noticable.
What I do:
SL 5x5 3x a week
Run 2.5-3.5 miles 3x a week
Any advise will be apappreciated! :)

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Well to be honest, being 109 years old will do that to you.
  • jenncalicollins617
    jenncalicollins617 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bahaha. Mfp is linked to my fb & way back when my daughter set it up she thought she was funny! Kids! :wink:
    I'm about to turn 42. Been working out since Aug 2014, lifting seriously since February 2015.
  • dngortegae
    dngortegae Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Your menu looks great. I did notice that your daily sodium intakes are high and that you are not drinking (or not logging) your water intake. Are you drinking water with all the sodium you are taking in?
  • jenncalicollins617
    Options
    Yeh I don't log my water. Thats all I drink except for my coffee/tea days. So atleast 80oz per day. I too noticed my sodium was high, think I'm trading my love a sweets for love of salt :/

Could that be affecting my energy levels?
    dngortegae wrote: »
    Your menu looks great. I did notice that your daily sodium intakes are high and that you are not drinking (or not logging) your water intake. Are you drinking water with all the sodium you are taking in?

• msalamun
    msalamun Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Not entirely sure what your macros are, but on most days you seem to be quite a bit below on carbs and higher on fat. Carbs are the main source of energy for the body, and with the right amounts it is stored as glucose in the blood stream (blood sugar) and used as needed, especially for intense workouts. Too much of it (and calories in general) is what causes creation of body fat. Adding some carbs to your diet can help with energy. Also, what you eat after working out is important, too. And you need carbs after working out to help replenish the glucose lost during exercise. Your body doesn't start to really recover until its glucose is replenished - thus eat some carbs after working out. I strongly suggest a small recovery drink/meal with a carb-to-protein ration of 4:1. A great recovery drink is, believe it or not, chocolate milk!

To answer your last question, salt (sodium) affects water retention more than energy. And this is an easy fix if your sodium intake it too high - just drink more water! It will help flush out the salinated water.
  • jenncalicollins617
    Options
    msalamun wrote: »
    Not entirely sure what your macros are, but on most days you seem to be quite a bit below on carbs and higher on fat. Carbs are the main source of energy for the body, and with the right amounts it is stored as glucose in the blood stream (blood sugar) and used as needed, especially for intense workouts. Too much of it (and calories in general) is what causes creation of body fat. Adding some carbs to your diet can help with energy. Also, what you eat after working out is important, too. And you need carbs after working out to help replenish the glucose lost during exercise. Your body doesn't start to really recover until its glucose is replenished - thus eat some carbs after working out. I strongly suggest a small recovery drink/meal with a carb-to-protein ration of 4:1. A great recovery drink is, believe it or not, chocolate milk!

To answer your last question, salt (sodium) affects water retention more than energy. And this is an easy fix if your sodium intake it too high - just drink more water! It will help flush out the salinated water.

Thanks for the advise! I workout early 5am, can't eat before or i puke :/
    I do drink a protein shake within 30-40 minutes after, and breakfast after that.
    I really appreciate all the help! And I also ajusted MFP & it gave me 1710 on calories up from 1200. My macros are around 1700, just added that app so yeh, guess I wasn't eating enough. So much to learn still. :blush: