help please!

Options

need help

jenncalicollins617jenncalicollins617
June 5, 2015 10:36AM in Fitness and Exercise
I've been on a cut for about 2 months. Happy with amount lost, but not at goal. Recently I'm exhausted after every workout & wondering if I need to go back to bulking or at least maitnence. Feel free to look at my diary, its public. I used to have a ton of energy after workouts. And my rest days I feel like a zombie! Help!!
I'm wanting to be leaner so the muscle I've built is noticable.
What I do:
SL 5x5 3x a week
Run 2.5-3.5 miles 3x a week
Any advise will be apappreciated! :)
Cross posting

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

need help

jenncalicollins617jenncalicollins617
    June 5, 2015 10:36AM in Fitness and Exercise
    I've been on a cut for about 2 months. Happy with amount lost, but not at goal. Recently I'm exhausted after every workout & wondering if I need to go back to bulking or at least maitnence. Feel free to look at my diary, its public. I used to have a ton of energy after workouts. And my rest days I feel like a zombie! Help!!
    I'm wanting to be leaner so the muscle I've built is noticable.
    What I do:
    SL 5x5 3x a week
    Run 2.5-3.5 miles 3x a week
    Any advise will be apappreciated! :)
    Cross posting

You're averaging somewhere around 1250 GROSS calories per day (before taking exercise into account).

What's your current height/weight? It's highly likely that's too few calories to sustain the amount of exercising you're doing.
  • jenncalicollins617
    jenncalicollins617 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thank you for responding. I'm 5' 7.5" and weigh about 155-160

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Yeah...I'd try adding a couple hundred calories a day or so. Try it out for a few weeks. The weight loss may slow a bit, but I would bet you won't have the exhaustion and lack of energy issues.

Not sure what your goals are specifically, but based on those stats, it wouldn't appear you have a LOT of weight to lose. Somewhere between 0.5 - 1 lb loss a week would be a reasonable goal.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    The more fat you lose, the harder it gets. It looks to me like you aren't eating enough to sustain your energy expenditure. I'd also suggest eating 100-200 more calories per day and see if that changes how you're feeling after a week or two. It's better to lose a little more slowly than to feel terrible every day.
  • jenncalicollins617
    jenncalicollins617 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Yeah...I'd try adding a couple hundred calories a day or so. Try it out for a few weeks. The weight loss may slow a bit, but I would bet you won't have the exhaustion and lack of energy issues.

Not sure what your goals are specifically, but based on those stats, it wouldn't appear you have a LOT of weight to lose. Somewhere between 0.5 - 1 lb loss a week would be a reasonable goal.
    SueInAz wrote: »
    The more fat you lose, the harder it gets. It looks to me like you aren't eating enough to sustain your energy expenditure. I'd also suggest eating 100-200 more calories per day and see if that changes how you're feeling after a week or two. It's better to lose a little more slowly than to feel terrible every day.

Thank you both! That is what I was thinking too, but I'm new to all this & wasn't for sure & didn't want to ruin all the hard work I've been doing! And I do work hard at the gym so it makes sense.
    I'm extremely happy with my resuts so far could care less what the scale says but I was wanting to be leaner just so the muscle I've built is more visable.