Vegetarians in the house, can I see your food diary?

Options
2»

Replies

• LovelyVeggies
    Options
    You can look at mine too.

Has anyone tried Trader Joe's tofu veggie burgers? According to the package, one patty has 60% of the DV for iron. This has to be a mistake, right?! They are made of tofu and tofu is a good source of iron, but it doesn't have THAT much. There is no extra iron source listed in the ingredients. Anyway, those always put my iron over the top, but I'm very skeptical that it's accurate.
  • optimisticShark
    optimisticShark Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Knock yourself out. My diary is open. I get the vast majority of my iron in a day from spinach and from soy milk.

Sorry your diary is closed. I couldn't see it :)
  • optimisticShark
    Options
    Go for it! I'm kind of off and on with my logging, so you'll have to skip through a few empty days. I think my iron intake is low too, I don't really pay much attention to it.

Thanks for sharing your diary with me. I got some good natural protein sources from it. Will note it down.

BTW you fan of Indian food? :smile:
  • optimisticShark
    Options
    My diary is open! I get plenty of iron every day even without my multi vitamin. I stopped logging it since it has zero calories and I like to see how I'm doing without it. I usually post my recipes in the food notes section on the first day I use it, so usually early in the week, as I tend to make dinners to last Monday-Friday.

I took a look at your diary for this week and my reccomendation is to eat some leafy greens from time to time. Maybe you've got some in those Indian dishes, but leafy greens have a lot of iron, so the more the better.

I liked your food diary a lot. I see you get lots of iron from nutiva protein powder, pasta and soup. I will give it a try. Even I have to change present protein powder and also have to add more green leafy veggies in my diet.

Thanks for sharing it with me!! :smile:
  • optimisticShark
    Options
    im pescatarian, but yeh... have a look.

Thanks for sharing!! Lots of healthy food.
  • optimisticShark
    Options
    Also a pescetarian. But if curious, my diary's always open. Some days I eat all vegetarian.

Yummyyyyy chocolaty and high in protein diet!! Thanks for sharing!! :smile:
  • optimisticShark
    Options
    Vegetarian here, have been since I was 5, but hardly a shining example of a healthy food intake. Today, for example, I ate almost nothing but ice cream. I promise that doesn't usually happen. My logging is a little sporadic, but most days are there.

That's fine. Even I eat ice-cream a lot atleast once in 2 weeks i.e. Usually on weekend my dinner is ice-cream shake.

And your diary is not open. :(
  • optimisticShark
    Options
    Feel free to browse mine. I was just looking at yours and it looks delicious! (Although, just curious, do you really survive on 800 calories a day, or are you not logging all of your food?)

I log all my food. But since I mostly eat homemade food, I don't have the exact measure for the amount of food I eat, but I am pretty sure that the amount is more than whats measured here. So I am actually taking in more calories. :smile: