Decisions, do I buy a FitBit Charge HR.....??

Options
2»

Replies

• _rachel_k
    _rachel_k Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I am approx 40lbs overweight, I don't REALLY know how much I have to lose, depends when I'm happy with what I see in the mirror. All I know is I don't want to wait 20 months for it to come off
  • Beccajo2004
    Beccajo2004 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love my Charge HR. I had the flex before and I'm very happy with the upgrade. Its great to see your resting heart rate and to be able to see when your getting your heart rate up enough when exercising. Plus the watch style band is AWESOME. Much much better. Most definitely worth the money.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    _rachel_k wrote: »
    I am approx 40lbs overweight, I don't REALLY know how much I have to lose, depends when I'm happy with what I see in the mirror. All I know is I don't want to wait 20 months for it to come off

Buying a heart rate monitor or activity tracker will not enable you to lose 40 lbs. in 5 months.

Please read the Sexypants post. So much good "MFP 101" information: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    honestly, neither is necessary for weight loss.

calorie deficit, accurate logging and a food scale are you need, IMO.
  • _rachel_k
    Options
    editorgrrl who said anything about 5 months?

I appreciate all the HELPFUL information people have offered

ndj1979 I am trying to find a more accurate calorie burn so I know how much to take in
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I recently upgraded my wearable tech (I bought a Garmin Vivoactive with chest strap HRM). Did a lot of research and read reviews. I knew what I wanted it to do and went form there. I found this review site helpful and thought you might, too.
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2404445,00.asp
  • _rachel_k
    Options
    Thanks Psychgrrl
  • irenechannie
    irenechannie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In today's worlds, there are lots of fitness tracker on the market. Especially some of them are connected with apps, which make all things smarter.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I had a Fitbit (had a Flex and a One) for 4 years, trackers are a GREAT tool, it was accurate for me for my TDEE so I knew I could trust it. However I am so competitive that I just could not have a day when I didn't hit my steps goal, I kept wanting to do more and more to the point I was averaging 22k a day. The more I moved the hungrier I was and the more I needed to eat. Then I burned out, yeah not pretty! But it certainly helped me figure out my maintenance calories in the early days and for that reason I would recommend a tracker to anyone who isn't sure of how much they are burning.

If you are the kind of person who needs incentive to move more then a fitness tracker could be just the thing :smile: For me, I'm active in general so its not necessary for me any more.