when do you start to notice??

Options
So, how much weight do you drop before you notice a change in your appearance?

Replies

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Are you indeed only 5 pounds over goal, or did you set a minigoal? If you've lost 7/12, I would think you would have seen a change in how your clothes fit, if not in your appearance. If you're obese or overweight, it could be a while.

Look into strength training for more of an aesthetic boost.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I noticed this week that my stomach is smaller, and no longer "hangs" the way it used to. I've lost 5.3kg.
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I noticed small changes after about 10 lbs, others though, took 25 lbs for them to notice, or to feel like saying something about it to me.
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    afatpersonwholikesfood Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    It really goes off of a percentage. The more you need to lose, the more you will have to lose before you notice your body shrinking.
  • BeesmaMFP
    BeesmaMFP Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    It's different for everyone. I'm 6'1" and have lost 24.5 pounds and people are just now starting to notice.
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    For me to notice it was about 15 lbs lost, just small things like my shirts fit better, at about 25 lbs my husband started noticing. I am now down 36 lbs and my sister and other are starting to notice. I still have a very long way to go.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    At around 14 pounds I noticed a difference, At 20 I dropped a size at 30 I dropped another. My stomach was getting flatter and I was stronger. Then I had some health issues that stopped me lifting and working out and although I have not gained any weight (controlling through diet) My stomach is flabbier and my clothes feel a bit tighter. Exercise makes a huge difference in inches, so get your muscles strong by lifting heavy and you will notice the changes faster. Stronger muscles pull everything in a bit and give you a tighter look to your body. Can't wait to get back to my weights.

ofwk41ucny8m.png
  • HollieWould1
    HollieWould1 Posts: 68 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I am not trying to lose weight, but just trying to lose some fat. I have noticed an abdominal muscle starting to show in less than a months time. Eleven pounds of fat!!!
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I started noticing a big difference in in the way my pants fit at about -20 lbs. At 25 pounds lost I have some bras that I haven't worn in five years that now fit comfortably. No one at work or at home has said anything. I hope to be around 210 by the time I go on a cruise at the end of July. I was 254 on April 1st and that's the most I've ever weighed.
  • mandymay01
    mandymay01 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    A year for me to notice. A year and half for other people to nice