Aqua Zumba

Options
We are moving and the Y is pretty much my only option in my new town (which is fine, I suppose) and I joined today (family membership) after taking the tour the other day. I do zumba currently and know the calorie burn for that, but the Y offers an aqua zumba class, which sounds fun, and my daughter wanted to do with me, but there isn't an entry in the exercise database for me to compare it to the normal zumba to get a rough idea of what it will be 'worth'. In regular zumba I burn right about 600 cals/ hour.

any ideas?

Replies

• jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    There's an entry for "water aerobics" that will probably suit your needs.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I teach Aqua Zumba. When I practice for a class I wear an HRM in the water and in a 45 minute class, which is what an AZ class should be, I burn about 350 calories. However, I'm in really good shape and my burn for most cardio is lower than most people.

And fyi - the estimates of MFPs canned exercise burns are way higher than is realistic.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    And fyi - the estimates of MFPs canned exercise burns are way higher than is realistic.

which is why i dont go by them - i mean, i wish i burned 900 an hour. i'd zumba every day LOLOLOL

ill take the 350 and whatever i burn more than that, ill consider an uncounted bonus LOL