My alcohol while losing weight

Options
i am a college student who drinks frequently. When I first started trying to lose weight I was drinking beer about 4 times a week and the weight was not coming off. After a lot of research on what I can drink I have found one of the best drinks you can have while cutting. You take about half of a fifth of vodka and put it in a gallon water jug. Then fill the rest with water and then put in half of a thing of mio. Mio is no sugar or calories. The drink only tastes like the water and mio and you can barely if at all taste the alcohol. It also keeps you hydrated all night so no hangovers and plus water helps you lose weight. When I began training and dieting a year ago I weighed 270 lbs and now I weigh 220 with much more muscle than before.
If you have questions about what to drink, meal plans, or workout routines just ask
9g9cjnmw3bkl.jpg
8hc3ho2j5sxb.jpg

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    So you would drink 375ML of hard liquor a night when you drank?
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Would you be able to get drunk off that? How many calories was that? I think I'll stick to fitting in a bottle of wine once a week.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    That's still 816 calories of vodka.

Also, I'd be hospitalized.
    201306332 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's why you have to workout and have a good diet on top of that. If you're drinking to get drunk then there is no real perfect way to do that. I'm just saying the way I do it keeps your water intake high without any mixer with high calories and sugar like soda
  • Hypsibius
    Hypsibius Posts: 207 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You're just saying you need to cash all 17 shots of vodka a day with your water :)? Or are you nursing your concoctions of low-cal jungle juice throughout the week?

Not judging, but damn I found it much easier to just cut the alcohol when I'm training (and I would consume about that much at some places in my life).

Not to mention if I had a 5th of vodka the next step would be to order a half pound burger and onion rings and fall asleep.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Sorry OP, but I think your "trick" is something that only makes sense if you are like 19, desperate to look/feel cool and are convinced being constantly half drunk at nights is the cool and grown up thing to do. Been there, done that but the novelty wears off for most people after a year or so.
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Orrrrr you could just drink water and save the calories for actual food and oh yeah, no hangover!
  • Hypsibius
    Hypsibius Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    Sorry OP, but I think your "trick" is something that only makes sense if you are like 19, desperate to look/feel cool and are convinced being constantly half drunk at nights is the cool and grown up thing to do. Been there, done that but the novelty wears off for most people after a year or so.

Yeah, this. I resisted because OP said he was currently in college -- where it's called partying and trying to look cool. Keep this up into your late 20s early 30s and it's called something else.

• tdatsenko
    tdatsenko Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have no problem losing weight while drinking beer.....
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    as fit as you may look having done all that drinking, Think about where you would be if you didn't. you would probably have much more LBM. dinking cuts down on the body's ability to build muscle. So you might be happy where you are but you could have been so much more.
    too bad