easy weightloss

Options
Incline speed walking burns more fat than running folks. Try 30 minutes non-stop and melt away the pounds followed by 30 minutes of strength training....

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it wrong!!!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    sleeping actually burns more fat than anything else...
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    Options
    paxil739er wrote: »
    Try 30 minutes non-stop and melt away the pounds followed by 30 minutes of strength training

Try doing strength training first, so you can lift with the proper intensity level, and with better form. :+1:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    Incline speed walking burns more fat than running folks. Try 30 minutes non-stop and melt away the pounds followed by 30 minutes of strength training....
    Depending on heart rate, you burn glycogen before even touching any fat stores. So while one may burn a higher PERCENTAGE of fat incline walking than running, going the same duration one would burn more CALORIES running. Fat loss is dependent on CALORIE DEFICIT. If someone gets to desired calorie deficit faster running than walking on a treadmill for a longer duration, they save time.
    And as mentioned above, you burn the MOST FAT sleeping and resting.
    Now if you CAN'T run or plain don't like it, walking on an incline is a good option.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Depending on heart rate, you burn glycogen before even touching any fat stores. So while one may burn a higher PERCENTAGE of fat incline walking than running, going the same duration one would burn more CALORIES running. Fat loss is dependent on CALORIE DEFICIT. If someone gets to desired calorie deficit faster running than walking on a treadmill for a longer duration, they save time.
    And as mentioned above, you burn the MOST FAT sleeping and resting.
    Now if you CAN'T run or plain don't like it, walking on an incline is a good option.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

For true speedwalking, when you get over a certain point you do burn more than running a 10 minute mile, so technically it can be true.
    But, most people would find it pretty difficult to hit those paces.

And as I mentioned in OP's other post, walking on an incline is great, until you start hanging on, then you are dropping the amount of calories burned.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    And here i thought weight loss happened with a caloric deficit
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

See you guys later, gonna go get my nightly 12-14 hours.
  • NoelleRondini
    NoelleRondini Posts: 10 Member
    Options

I've been actually do this lol
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

See you guys later, gonna go get my nightly 12-14 hours.
    #peanutbutterandjealous