my advice...

Do 30 minutes speed walking at an incline followed by 30-45 minutes of strength training such as leg and arm machines ....however, gradually increase your incline. You can burn more calories incline speedwalking than running.

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    edited June 2015
    paxil739er wrote: »
    Do 30 minutes speed walking at an incline followed by 30-45 minutes of strength training such as leg and arm machines ....however, gradually increase your incline. You can burn more calories incline speedwalking than running.

How fast is "speedwalking"?
    For real speed walking, yes, but the average person isn't going to be able to sustain that especially on an incline.

You should probably also add that holding on to the rails while walking on the incline is going to decrease the amount of calories burned and defeat the purpose.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited June 2015
    You mean I shouldn't do squats? Or free weights? And what if my weight training takes 1.5hours?

Why should I do cardio?
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    How about 2.5 hours of strength training, and no cardio. I like that plan better.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    I refuse to resort to machines for lifts, even if they're on an increasing incline.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Lol
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    no thanks
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    It's times like this where I wish I had Trog's gif
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Was this supposed to be a message to someone in particular? Or should we all just drop what we are doing and start your speed walking plan? Not sure how my coaches would feel about that.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this was supposed to be an answer in another thread or a PM.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    edited June 2015
    Why are you creating multiple threads just to give this advice? Is there someone in particular this advice is for?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10180641/easy-weightloss#latest
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    You mean like this?

giphy.gif

Is this incline enough?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,040 Member
    You're really enthused about inclines, huh.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »

WNYEj9G.gif
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »

WNYEj9G.gif

It's always delightful. And relevant.

OP, why should I take your advice? I seem to be doing pretty well with my lifting and running.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    I am so glad you came here today to instruct all of us. I assume you have the exercise physiology education credentials to back it up?
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member

Why would you do something so incredibly boring?
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member

Why thank you for this advice. It is most valuable. I shall implement it forthwith!