Halfway through Phase 2 of p90x, only down 3-5 lbs.

Options
Good Morning all,
So I'm halfway through phase 2 of p90x classic. I started out at 224.5 lbs. Right now I hover between 218 and 222 lbs. I feel stronger and will be taking measurements tomorrow. (I decided to do pics and measurements on day 1, day 45, and day 90 instead of 30, 60,90.) I'm doing the phase 2 diet hardcore 4.5-5 days per week. Giving myself a break from Friday evening to sunday afternoon. Honestly, doing the diet that way is the only way i've been able to sustain this diet for 6 weeks. Every other diet i've tried i do hardcore for 2 weeks then crash and gorge. Anyone else having this kind of experience? This diet has me eating much more than I used to. It's ok to tell me if I should be discouraged by this or not. I look forward to hearing from all who will listen.

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    P90X has Cardio....but its mainly weigh training.....so you will build muscles and muscles weigh more than fat....if you stick to it, the muscles will burn the fat and it will start to shed off

Stick to it

Yes P90X is hard core, so you may tend to want to eat more to refuel the body....just ensure you are eating healthy

Dont be discouraged....

I did the full P90x didnt lose any weight....even though at the time I wasnt eating properly.....but I my body was toned and much stronger

Stick to it

Goodluck
  • LaurenDykstra
    LaurenDykstra Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started p90x once and didnt do the diet. My body couldnt take it. I started it a second time and did the diet. Well the diet still prevails but I gave up on the p90x part. I definitely modify it a bit since im on myfitpal. I've lost 15.-18 lbs. I think a lot of people do the work and then eat the wrong things. Maybe its time to examine whats on the menu? Keep up the hard work, it pays off!
  • p90xokc
    p90xokc Posts: 66
    Options
    Good to know. I've already decided that I'm going to go straight into p90x lean after I'm done with classic. After that, I'm going to do classic again, then doubles. I'm almost posotive that I won't come out of the phase 2 p90x diet plan that whole time. Everything should take about a year.
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    p90x is designed so that you peak in phase 3. You should begin to see a bigger transformation in your body during the last 4 weeks of training.

Good luck!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 11 of P90X. I'm only doing P90X, not the diet, and I've managed to lose 11 lbs plus inches. My strategy was making sure I ate enough protein and carbs on days I did the weights. Everyone's body responds different to the same workouts so all I can say is to stick with it. Even if you're not seeing results on the scale, you might with your measurements (agree with building muscle offsets losing fat). Hang in there!
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I was not losing with P90X until I bought a HRM and only ate the calories I calculated on my HRM. I also upped my calories to losing 1lb/week instead of 2 so right now I am eating just under 1500 calories a day plus my exercise calories and I am losing steadily. I also monitor my measurements, how I feel, and how I look. Such things as collarbones etc are showing up. Hope that helps :smile:
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else... everyone responds differently... keep pushing play and results will follow!