Detox

Options
sydneyava
sydneyava Posts: 1 Member
I am just getting back into the swing of healthy eating and exercise. Exercise isn't hard for me to get up and do, however, eating healthy is majorly challenging. Does anyone have a simple vegan detox?? Thank you!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Detoxes are unnecessary as long as your liver and kidneys are working. To lose weight, you just need a calorie deficit. Eating healthy is good, but if you aren't tracking your calories you can still easily overeat on the healthy food.
  • marky1965
    marky1965 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I just finished a detox and it was great. 10 days on vegetables and fruit with white fish and herbs. Was great as I was having too much sugar amongst other crap food.
    As for where to find one, check the Internet. They will help if your body has a lot of toxins etc......flushes it out.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    You won't find much support for detoxes here. Besides the fact that they don't actually "detox" anything, the notion of a "reset" is all or nothing thinking, which tends to predict failure when it comes to lifestyle change. Not trying to be a downer, there's just much better (and easier) ways of getting healthy.

It's better in the long run to just start where you are and make positive changes one at a time. Not as dramatic, but more likely to be sustained. Pick one thing you want to change and work on that until it's a habit. Then move to the next.

I know this isn't the answer you wanted, but if you actually try it, you'll thank me later.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    marky1965 wrote: »
    I just finished a detox and it was great. 10 days on vegetables and fruit with white fish and herbs. Was great as I was having too much sugar amongst other crap food.
    As for where to find one, check the Internet. They will help if your body has a lot of toxins etc......flushes it out.

Could you please name the toxins?
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

Could you please name the toxins?

I second this request.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Detoxing is a scam by ...well by people who make money out of selling pointless fitness products, foods and supplements, magazines and diet plan that should be used alongside a calorie controlled diet and exercise plan

Nobody has ever been able to name any of these supposed toxins

The body is designed to deal with waste very well ,..they cannot be made "more efficient" at doing so ...there is no science behind the belief...may as well sacrifice a goat at moonlight on the top of the nearest hill ...it will do as much good (although not for the goat)

If your organs stop doing their job you will have far more serious issues

Do not buy into the ridiculous mumbo-jumbo of the dieting world

Eat fewer calories than you use
    Move more
    Lift heavy things
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Well that's 10 days you aren't getting back :)
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Drink enough water for proper liver and kidney function and you're golden.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Check the internet. I hear it's got cats.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Kittehs!
  • benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I've never understood this thinking with all these fancy teas and shakes with ingredients I can't pronounce. Just eat well and drink water. Boom. "detoxed"

And you know what? Not once has anyone ever listed the toxins that were flushed out. That's a great point. I want some answers, dammit!

Actually come to think of it... I hear ingesting regular quantities of DHMO is great.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    benzieboxx wrote: »
    Actually come to think of it... I hear ingesting regular quantities of DHMO is great.

You live on the edge, don't you? ;)